School Musical (1 Viewer)

liamh16

HSC
Today i auditioned for my schools production of 'Oliver!'. I am in Year 12 this year and worried about the commitment and how it would effect my HSC marks.
I would ( assuming i got a lead ) have to devote all of sport every tuesday (no biggie) so about 1-5, which means i would need to stay after school for an hour and a half. Then 2 hours of a Thursday afternoon, and 10-3 every sunday from about 5 weeks before the show. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same position as i am, or anyone has been in the position, and have any advice?
BTW, the performances are at the end of April, first week back of Term 3 of Year 12.
Thanks in advance! :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Holy Shi-
Real life High School Musical!

You can do it if you put your mind to studying as well as the Musical I guess.. Not that I'd recommend it.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
That is a fairly large amount of time, however it is about finding a balance between school and the musical. You are going to be flat out, but if it is what you want then go for it!

My school would never let us do that, they wouldn't even let us go on the ski trip which is one weekend during Year 11.

Good luck.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i wouldnt suggest it.
our school does an annual musical with the boys school down the road, and i can tell you it takes up a LOT of time.
unless you feel comfortable with your subjects and can manage to fit in doing study and hw in your other times, it'd be tough..

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
no.1 : you will be fine. a hell of alot of people are dealing with school and extra-curricular activities this year (yes, including me) and as long as you have a good routine and are completely untterly ORGANISED and get good time management then there is no reason why you should think you can't do it.

no.2 : to be honest im really suprised that your school allows year 12 students to be active in your annua musical. most schools i know (including mine) dont let year 12 do it.

but...

no.2 : atleast it is around april....then thats super dooper fine cause thats not really around anythign at that time, like hopefully you would have already completed your half-yearlies around that time. i know most school have their musicals around the august - spetember area when the trials etc. are on and that gices an excuse as to why year 12 cant participate.

have heaps of fun :) thats all that matters. as long as you enjoy yourself this year, and dont become one of those pople who think its impossible todo anythign in life except for study and school work, including sacrificng food and sleep just for study. its ridiculous.

and fingers crossed that you got a lead :)

LordPc

HSC
Today i auditioned for my schools production of 'Oliver!'. I am in Year 12 this year and worried about the commitment and how it would effect my HSC marks.
I would ( assuming i got a lead ) have to devote all of sport every tuesday (no biggie) so about 1-5, which means i would need to stay after school for an hour and a half. Then 2 hours of a Thursday afternoon, and 10-3 every sunday from about 5 weeks before the show. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same position as i am, or anyone has been in the position, and have any advice?
BTW, the performances are at the end of April, first week back of Term 3 of Year 12.
Thanks in advance! :)
It doesnt actually sound like that much work at all

you said practicising during sport was ok. thursday afternoon for 2 hours should be fine aswell, just less leisure time that one day. and sundays you probably wont be doing much work either way, few people do, so it should be fine.

as already stated, a lot of people do extra stuff like this during thier HSC. a lot of people play sports, which is pretty much the same as what your doing. they practice 2 nights a week and a game on the weekend. if you keep up your effort, it shouldnt be a problem.

hannahcheeseman

HSC
hey,
yea actually our school just finished our production of Oliver haha

our rehersal times are pretty similar, two lunch times a week in term 4 and then 2 arvos a week in term 1 with performances end of term 1 and those extra sunday rehersals leading up to the show. I was only back stage so only came in in the final weeks but even our school captain did it. she played fagin, with 12 units, dance and 2 major works! shes still top of most subjects and its the same for heaps of people who join in on school activities.

+ yr 12 isnt just about the final number on our hsc report, its about who we are and ultimatly our school references are going to be much more valuable than our UAI.

i say go for it and good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)