School Photos/ Muck up photos (Year 12s) (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
What do you guys think of school photos? I personally think it's a hassle but then again don't really mind- does anyone actually buy any of them apart from the group photo?

My photo day is this Friday (we just got the information now, A for organisation) with first period formal photos in uniform and second period muck up photos. I have absolutely no idea what to do. Has anyone not gone as something? I just want to wear mufti but it's kinda pointless as we have to change afterwards.

I've heard people are going as maids, cats, Alice in Wonderland, Sims, kpop groups, superheroes, Princess Bubblegum etc. It's kinda hard to find a adult sized costume that isn't overly priced but I wouldn't want anything tacky and poorly made either.

Also, did you know of anyone who wore/ wears make up to their school photos? Oh goodness the girls at my school, hiding behind trees to re-apply their mascara.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I used to get the cheap package with the group photo, and individual photos of various sizes.

And for my muck-up photo, I just had a friend bring a large inflatable sauce bottle and my friends and I just posed around it. Everyone else just pulled faces and poses.

Never occurred to us to bring a costume actually... to any of us, in our year, or the years beforehand. Hmm.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I simply never liked school photos cos I'm not very photogenic HAHA
its either I look terrible or the photo company screws up the light balance (too orange, too grey, too white, too dark)
I would actually buy the individual photos if I looked good in pictures, cos it is a great deal but I usually only get the group pack
I wore makeup in my photos, no biggie. Most of the girls did anyway. LOL 'hiding behind trees'? Your school must be super strict with their 'no makeup' policy!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
For my silly, I wore a suit (school blazer), firmed my posture like G-man, kept a straight face and gave a military salute.

bedpotato

HSC
I find school photos a hassle as well. Pointless, and only a handful of people actually look "good". The rest either have some weird facial expression going on (me in year 10, wth was I doing lol), look alright or look nothing like they do in real life due to bad lighting (untrue skin colours, shiny foreheads and the sort).

The only time I bought individual photos was primary - year 7 when I really didn't care much for them, and then stopped buying at all in year 11/12.

As for makeup, girls that wore eye makeup had to take it off once they got inside the room for the formal photos with cotton balls and baby oil. Some got away tho.

We didn't really have muck up, it was basically this: after the formal photos, the year 12s went out to the oval and just took their own photos with their own cameras. No one even thought of bringing costumes lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)