school rank (1 Viewer)

rambam92

HSC
My School is ranked 76th which is where it usually has been except for 2005 when it was ranked 54!!! - which is great
The previous Duxes have gotten
2007 - 99.90 : This guy topped the state in SDD
2006 - 99.75
2005 - 99.95: This guy came second in Ext 2 English
2004 - 99.90

We usually have 4-5 guys get above 99 and last year we had 7 of which 4 got above 99.65 so im pretty happy with that - i feel my year is probably as smart if not smarter and if i can pull my way into the top 6 i reckon ive got a chance of getting 99.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Last year my school was ranked 19th, the year before, 10th, which I think is pretty good considering we are not selective.

Last year more than half the year got UAIs over 90, 15% got over 99 and a couple of state rankings (1st in business studies, 2nd in modern history and 5th (I think) in Hebrew). The year before, 30% got over 99 (!) we had state rankings in Advanced english, Business studies, 2 in biology, and hebrew.

Apparently this year is going to be the schools biggest failure, although we might prove them wrong, as the 2006 year were also meant to be a big failure and came 10th in the state.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i maintain.
my school was ranked 464 last year.
I'm aiming for a 90+

we get duxes in the mid 90's almost every year.
work hard. rank in the top three. have a strong cohort.
and you'll be fine.

-Anfernee-

HSC
midifile said:
Last year my school was ranked 19th, the year before, 10th, which I think is pretty good considering we are not selective.

Last year more than half the year got UAIs over 90, 15% got over 99 and a couple of state rankings (1st in business studies, 2nd in modern history and 5th (I think) in Hebrew). The year before, 30% got over 99 (!) we had state rankings in Advanced english, Business studies, 2 in biology, and hebrew.

Apparently this year is going to be the schools biggest failure, although we might prove them wrong, as the 2006 year were also meant to be a big failure and came 10th in the state.

Yeah but independent, co-educational, modern Orthodox Jewish schools are academically elite powerhouses. Much more so than the majority of 2nd tier selective schools out there.

Just take a look at Moriah College, Masada Collge...etc and from the description you gave of your school- I'm Guessing you go to Emanual High?

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
eliseliselise said:
anyway, what i'm getting at is that it seems just so cruel for areas such as sydney to be so abundant in high-ranking/selective schools, whereas students who live in areas don't really have much of a choice than to attend a lower ranking school, and subsequently be denied of attending a selective school where the actual student may be on par, or above the general cohort of these prestigious and well-government funded sydney selective schools.. :(
i think the rural point system has been placed appropriately.. i just hope i dont need to rely on that though. nevertheless, at the end of the day i guess it comes down to the student rather than the school- but, inevitably the school is going to have an impact in one way or another.

:burn:
I agree with you completely and it's true that schools in the rural area are disadvantaged, but it's due to the demographics. Looking from the DOE's point of view, it just wouldn't be viable to create more schools in the rural area, where there simply isn't enough students to support it.

Also, public schools like selective schools aren't all 'well-government funded'. Alot of them have very old buildings...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Just take a look at Moriah College, Masada Collge...etc and from the description you gave of your school- I'm Guessing you go to Emanual High?
No. Actually I go to Reddam house. Its not Jewish but we have a high ratio of jewish students to non jewish (about 50/50). But good guess - I went to emanuel in years 5-8 :p

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Continuum said:
I agree with you completely and it's true that schools in the rural area are disadvantaged, but it's due to the demographics. Looking from the DOE's point of view, it just wouldn't be viable to create more schools in the rural area, where there simply isn't enough students to support it.

Also, public schools like selective schools aren't all 'well-government funded'. Alot of them have very old buildings...
old and expensive to repair, because of the need for extensive pipe and electrical work, basic foundations, that are hindered by stuff like asbestos.
thats my schools problem. we were given over a million dollars in gvt funding for major capital works, and what weve been given wont even finish the piping and electricity work. we wont see new buildings, or even new pain jobs.

-Anfernee-

HSC
midifile said:
No. Actually I go to Reddam house. Its not Jewish but we have a high ratio of jewish students to non jewish (about 50/50). But good guess - I went to emanuel in years 5-8 :p
Oh, thats cool. :)

so reddam isn't a jewish school?...Originally I had the impression that it was, thanks for the clarification.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Oh, thats cool. :)

so reddam isn't a jewish school?...Originally I had the impression that it was, thanks for the clarification.
Lol. Yea lots of people think it is, because of the unusually high ratio of Jewish kids to non Jewish, but its non-denominational. I prefer it over Jewish schools (like emanuel) because there is less emphasis on religion, and in lower years 7&8 you have a choice between Jewish studies, Christian studies (I think - but it might be split into catholic, etc) or moral studies.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Our school had a shithouse rank of 393 last year but i think we are regularly in top 300 or 200.

louise08

HSC
how do you find out what the dux got for your school in the last few years?
thanks

-Anfernee-

HSC
louise08 said:
how do you find out what the dux got for your school in the last few years?
thanks

Ask around, teachers, the head teachers, vice, prinz, and office staff. They should know and at my school most of my teachers had multiple orgasms the day my marks came out. They even contacted me by phone to congratulate me..lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)