School Ranks (3 Viewers)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by wildtiger
what school do you go to?

'asian immigrants fresh off the boat' eh, i'm slightly offended by that. anyhow, i believe otherwise - because their english usually drags them down. even if they get extremely good marks from maths, they'll have terrible marks in subjects like english or the social sciences
sorry if i offended you... its true they are geniuses... one of them guys in our school before only came to australia for a year and obtain a uai of 99.95 and 99s for both math, i think, and is now doing med at unsw.

but now there is this other dude at our school who is freakishly good at math who just came to australia 8 month ago. i wonder how good he'll be.

but im not gonna tell people about which school i go to... its too embarrasing. :p

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Well it was made up! They don't rank all schools cos this causes problems as mentioned before like parents pulling their kids out of certain schools etc.
Do you still have a copy of this, Id be really interested to see it.....
yeah i do have it still on my other computer though
im 2 lazy .. ill do it later .. like 10 mins

but i got it from amoz lilo

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha just one look at where they say these schools are tell you its made up (haha John Bosco in ENGADINE is put down as Strathfield-Auburn!!). Also, the spelling is appauling and there are quite a few schools missing....

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Does anybody know if the order of the top 120 schools on that list was accurate?
They must have been the SMH (or the telegraph -.:confused: whichever one that ranks the schools irrespective of the number of exams sat) rankings as they were ranked on number of exams with a mark of >90
JR comes out on top either way:eek:

Last edited:

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wildtiger
lol somebody heaps sad must've had a lot of time in their hands....
yep. but yeah, i can understand why a list like this wouldn't be published.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The SMH and Telegraph use different ranking systems, the SMH uses the amount of >90 exams, while the Telegraph uses a percentage of >90 per exam sat.

wildtiger

HSC
I thought thats a bit strange coz isnt the Telegraph known for its inaccuracy in reporting events etc..? Our teacher always tells us to read SMH.

But the way the Telegraph does it seems to be more 'accurate' in the sense that they dont take into account the number of students sitting the HSC but rather the general ability of students overall.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i found the ranks of 02 off google, apparently its from a coaching college, but since numero uno was begging me to send it to him =p

yes and there's a hell of a lot of typos in it

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the rankings that were in that attachement were very different to the ones i saw in the paper.... how was it compiled and where did it come from?

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
the rankings that were in that attachement were very different to the ones i saw in the paper.... how was it compiled and where did it come from?
This is 2002 not 2003 :D

And as for Amoz lilo ?
i was begging was i ? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)