• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School Uniform + Shopping = No Customer Service!!! (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
I think it really depends on the uniform. I went to both public and private schools. When I was in a public school every shop assistant gave me shifty looks as if I was going to steal something. Private school was a whole different story though- I went to Kambala so I mainly shopped at Bondi Junction or CBD and always got the best service even if I didn't buy anything. Go figure- I guess the shop assistants just assume that private school kids have more money to spend.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
My private school was dero, but not quite as dero as all the other schools in my area.

I went to Tweed City one day after an exam and was immediately served/helped when I walked into a shop in my uniform, I think it was Jay Jays or somewhere like that. Then a kid from another local private school walked in, the same grade as me, and never received any service the whole time I was in there, about 20 minutes or so.

Lori.

HSC
I think it really depends on the uniform. I went to both public and private schools. When I was in a public school every shop assistant gave me shifty looks as if I was going to steal something. Private school was a whole different story though- I went to Kambala so I mainly shopped at Bondi Junction or CBD and always got the best service even if I didn't buy anything. Go figure- I guess the shop assistants just assume that private school kids have more money to spend.
Agreed. When i see public school children come in the store i work at, i immediately watch their every move and just know that i can expect them to ruin the make up shelf >:/ and they never buy anything anyways, since they probably cant afford our stuff anyways - that makes sense, doesnt it?

On the other hand, when any of the girls from the finishing school thats right round the corner come in, i try to sell them as much shit as possible - theyve got the money, AND their school requires them to look dolled up at all times anyways.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. When i see public school children come in the store i work at, i immediately watch their every move and just know that i can expect them to ruin the make up shelf >:/ and they never buy anything anyways, since they probably cant afford our stuff anyways - that makes sense, doesnt it?
That's so fucking rude. Just because we go to a public school doesn't mean we're povo. In fact more than half of the girls at my school have the money but you're to fucking busy serving the pwetty pwivate school girlies because they apparently have the money.

Where do you work? David Jones? MYERS? Some upmarket shop where everything is overpriced anyway?
For fucks sake.

Lori.

HSC
its not like i have the choice between private school and public school at all times - its either the choice between rich asian tourist or public school idiot who, with her group of 7 friends is destroying my shop floor and showing us no respect, OR the choice between rich private school girls wanting to stock up their make up shelf or rich asian tourist who cant speak english and is just going to annoy me with stupid questions anyways...

hence, in the equation, you sit about here:

Private school spoiled skank > asian tourist with lots of money > you.

And you would think that way too if your success as a salesperson would depend on SALES made in $$$$$

johony

HSC
x.christina, you go to a nice, decent north shore public school. i wouldn't think anyone up there would care so much.

if some fuckers from some shitty westie high school (generalising here) were in my store, i'd be eyeing them off too.

omgjenchu

HSC
The high end stores in the city are fukin pretentious cockcunts.

"Hi, may i help you?"
"No thanks, i'm just looking"
"Oh yeah, that seems right"

Ah, can't really blame them.
:eek: RUDE.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
x.christina, you go to a nice, decent north shore public school. i wouldn't think anyone up there would care so much.
Thanks haha
So many shop assistants are fucking rude bitches who only get work so they can pay for their fake nails *cough* lori *cough*

@ Kevinx2; i would've slapped that person

Lori.

HSC
i have no fake nails, i am paying for two degrees.

god, you may not like it, but shop assistants dont think the world of school children. thats just how it is. its the same way that you clutch your bag close to your body when youre walking down the street at night and a black person comes walking your way. you discriminate too!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Individual school kids who are not wearing their uniform like trash and seem civilised = fine.

School kids accompanied by parentals = also fine.

Groups of unsupervised school kids talking loudly/eating/drinking/generally being boisterous = not fine, usually results in mess.

That's just the way it is, sales assistants are always going to be wary of uniformed kids without guardians because unfortunately some of them do stupid shit, break things and so on.

And really if the shop people seriously think you are a sus character you are probably doing something wrong, most school kids I see around in shops are behaving fine and the shop assistants don't even blink twice at them. It's the ones that give off an attitude of being troublemakers that get the 'bad' service.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Individual school kids who are not wearing their uniform like trash and seem civilised = fine.

School kids accompanied by parentals = also fine.

Groups of unsupervised school kids talking loudly/eating/drinking/generally being boisterous = not fine, usually results in mess.

That's just the way it is, sales assistants are always going to be wary of uniformed kids without guardians because unfortunately some of them do stupid shit, break things and so on.

And really if the shop people seriously think you are a sus character you are probably doing something wrong, most school kids I see around in shops are behaving fine and the shop assistants don't even blink twice at them. It's the ones that give off an attitude of being troublemakers that get the 'bad' service.
Thank you.

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
i have no fake nails, i am paying for two degrees.

god, you may not like it, but shop assistants dont think the world of school children. thats just how it is. its the same way that you clutch your bag close to your body when youre walking down the street at night and a black person comes walking your way. you discriminate too!
nazi.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)