Schoolies Bonds (1 Viewer)

Bradna

Mint..
HSC
Anyone else have any troubles with this?
On the day we were leaving the hotel owner said we would be getting our bond back, and we all assumed it would be the $110 we first paid months and months ago.
They never told us they would take money from us to dryclean carpets and stuff.. and now we dont get our full bond back!
Seems a load of crap really..

HSC
N/A
I'd say it depends on whether there were any "damages"... if you did leave the place with damages (if they brought in fancy cleaning devices, then it's possible) then it's actually good you're getting *some* money back. Where my friends and I went recently, our whole $300 bond would be taken if we ruined anything...

7th Sign

HSC
what if u left like food in the fridge and heaps of junk in places will they take the bond?

ioniser

HSC
actaully they can,cause the fridge might need cleaning,and any extra cleaning cost money even unwashed dishes

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
We left a bit of a mess. We were cleaning up on the last day and they started sending the cleaners through to change sheets and stuff. We asked if we should do whatever and they said nah don't worry about it.

They counted all the food stuff and said yeah you'll get your bond back.

Got our $1500 back in full about a week later, very happy :)

HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:
what if u left like food in the fridge and heaps of junk in places will they take the bond?
It's possible, particularly if they have to hire cleaners. But you might be looking at a deduction rather than a total withdrawal of bond money.

I think they really only get nasty if you actually *damage* something. But as a general rule, try to leave things as you found them :)

7th Sign

HSC
our hotel was pretty strick their liek $10 for a dirty towel lol

:rolleyes:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
one of my mates smashed a hole thru the bathroom door and we still managed to get our bond back ... it was fun seeing him catching a bus to find a hardware store and buying stuff to patch it up while we were getting drunk

jackcass2

i got charged 27 cents for loss of 2 dessert spoons...

it was only $100 bond not $110 wasnt it?

we left a 6pack of beer and all this food at the place and the cleaners were happy with that..

the cleaners are eager to get into each room quickly to score what they can from what ppl leave behind... they race with the maintaence blokes apparently...

they were pretty dodge about it because we broke the beds - both the foldout and the main king bed but musnt have noticed -im gettin my bond back today :)

barthez

HSC
i got it bak twice...but now they are taking the second away :(

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i was suprised we got ours back.. they blamed us for breaking the spa, bbq and toaster when it was already broken when we got there... Lucky they didnt check to see if the concrete mailbox hadnt moved from stuck against the wall.. i think everyone with cars smashed into it, on the day we left it wasnt even hanging on the wall anymore.. whoops!

7th Sign

HSC
jackcass2 said:
it was only $100 bond not $110 wasnt it?
I dunno I am pretty sure I paid $110 :|

yet schoolies.com is saying "bond paid" $100????

sware their taking $10 lol

Invalid-User

HSC
haha we lost $50 because 2 pillows went missing.. not sure where too but i guess when u have visitors for the night they leave with pillows.. hmm strange but the best time of my life for sure!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)