• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

schoolis and underage drinking (1 Viewer)

rasorman2

HSC
Hey was just wondering if u cud be arrested for drinking on the streets if ur underage. Wud be nice to know if i will be arrested thanks!

rasorman2

HSC
thats pretty gay cause over here when ur caught drinking on the streets the cops just ask you to pour ur drinks out...

HSC
cops and security guards are insanely anal about public drinking during schoolies, so if you're underage as well that's just asking to get pinged

7th Sign

HSC
downhillerjono said:
anyone know the penalties($20 on the spot fine ala nsw?) or otherwise?
no way

its like a on the spot fine of like $200 bucks,

if the cops are real harsh they might even lock you up for the night for been drunk in public, it happens.

ellirene

HSC
haah just got back from schoolies.
the fines are as followed;

underage drinking on the streets = $235.
seriously guys its not worth it. this is where undercover cops walk past and grab you when you're least expecting it.

18+ drinking on the streets = $75.

Evilo

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yes, you can and will be arrested. Simple solution, get smashed at your hotel.
Just keep in mind, if you leave the hotel you can be arrested for drunk and disorderly in public.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
You would assume that, like anywhere in the country at any time, being underage and drinking on the streets would get you arrested/charged/whatever.

princesscal

Banned
HSC
Not where I live.

A few weeks ago a group of about 5 of us were walking to a party with a few cartons, cops pulled up (this was about 8pm so still daylight) and asked us how old we were.

"16 and 17 mate"

The response:
"Ah... alright then, try to stay off the main roads please guys, have a good night and be safe hey"

My town has the coolest cops ever.

Schribez

HSC
I think there should be a temporary waiver on 17 year old drinking during the duration of schoolies as theyre being deprived of the experiences of their 18 year old mates and feel left out. (personally i hate being sober around drunk mates).
They then just litter the streets causing shit with others.

Evilo

HSC
why dont we have a temporary killing day where you can kill anyone you like without punishment. :)

tbh - underage people are not votes, therefore politicians won't care. Once you're 18 ,you forget all the under 18 bullshit/hatred etc.

Annalisee

HSC
Evilo said:
tbh - underage people are not votes, therefore politicians won't care. Once you're 18 ,you forget all the under 18 bullshit/hatred etc.
ah yes that's quite true, once your 18 you laugh at those 17 year old getting pulled up.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Schribez said:
I think there should be a temporary waiver on 17 year old drinking during the duration of schoolies as theyre being deprived of the experiences of their 18 year old mates and feel left out. (personally i hate being sober around drunk mates).
They then just litter the streets causing shit with others.
You're fucking retarded. Please, go back to the Centrelink line and go back to mooching from society.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
oh and also:
fine for falsely claiming to be 18 - $225
happened to a friend of mine. good stuff.

yourfacehere!

HSC
Just got back from byron, having discovered that yes you can be arrested for underage drinking in public...even in byron.
I think i just got some neo-fascist cop on a massive power trip, because his partner was really calm about the whole thing while this guy stood and swore at me quite a while.

Tips for the future:

1) Don't try and run.
I nearly did, in a severly drunken state, and it would have only meant a resisting arrest charge on top of the underage drinking charge. A friend up in surfers tried to bolt after the police up there fined him for urinating in public. He is the GPS 400m champion, so all would have been fine had the riot police not tackled him at the end of the block.

2) Don't tell them you're 18. I did initially, and then claimed I didn't have my wallet, but they have the power to search you so i pretty quickly ate my words and claimed stupidity.

3) Don't give them a fake id, scratchie or look-alike. Underage drinking is one thing, fraud is another. The police are not stupid security guards or bouncers, they actually had to go to college and pass exams.

Just be totally honest, but don't try and suck up either. Usually they will just empty your drinks, however if you're mildly retarded like I and stuff around first, they'll write down your name and issue you an official warning. If you're a total moron and really piss them off, then yes they will arrest and you, charge you and keep you overnight.

Most of this will seem like the actions of a total dumbass, but when you are quite drunk, cocky and with a group of friends, quite often you are a total dumbass. All of these things did cross my mind, I did start to try and run, I did reach for my fake id, and i did tell them i was 18 - moronic in hindsight, but hey. And remember, this happened to me in byron where there are about 4 police officers, in comparison to surfers where there are more cops than schoolies (not counting toolies, who today are the majority).

And don't think that quietly drinking in the corner exempts you. We had to be the quietest people on main beach, in comparison to the lads trying to break the public lights, and they still went for us.

Get sloshed at home. Or better yet, be 18.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
at surfers there is no drinking in public allowed. the only solution is to get smashed inside the place you stay. which is bad, because you start out smashed then sober up by the end.

HSC
cuppas said:
at surfers there is no drinking in public allowed. the only solution is to get smashed inside the place you stay. which is bad, because you start out smashed then sober up by the end.
yeh thats wat we did but it was a 20min bus ride to surfers so we had sobered up by the time we got there. we also tried the old alcohol in the water bottle trick- which worked each nite but we thought we were pushing our luch to keep it up, pubs are the easiest to get into for underage

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
lol where were you staying? i was up at breakfree maldives on main beach. SO gay to get into surfers.

so our best strategy was to get pre-smashed, then take a pitstop at a mates place at the Islander, then kick on lol

Providence.

Banned
HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
You're fucking retarded. Please, go back to the Centrelink line and go back to mooching from society.
To taxpayers, Centrelink is a place to receive 'refunds'.

Angii

HSC
7th Sign said:
no way

its like a on the spot fine of like $200 bucks,

if the cops are real harsh they might even lock you up for the night for been drunk in public, it happens.

usually it shood be just 20bucks. unless they have special rules for around that time, if not then there just cheating u for money. we had some cop guy come into our school and talk to us and his like its just 20bucks.

so if coppers ask u for more ask em to fuck off and sya its 20bucks lol??

meh im gonna drink in our apartment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)