• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schools In The Bankstown Area (1 Viewer)

summerlxve

HSC
N/A
Um, I'm planning to apply to a different school. I have East Hills Girls in mind but i'm not sure if they have spaced or if they would accept me. I'm currently attending Bankstown Girls & have been for just over a term but i can't stay focussed because i have some very wild classmates in like every class.

So could you guy give me some recommendations to which school I could possibly go to if i don't get accepted in to East Hills Please ? & can you please give me some feedback of the school please.

I know a few, but i wanna see what you guys think about the different school & their standards.

Thankks :D
Much Appreciated.

summerlxve

HSC
N/A
wells, yeahhs i get you. but like i can't concentrate. i mean like in alot of my classes the teacher has absolute no control over the students.

& besides there aren't that many "decent" subject for my senior years & i wanna get used to the concept of the school i wanna spend my senior years in so... yeahhs.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I agree with aMUSEd1977. I believe if you go to a comprehensive public school, it pretty much won't make a difference. You'll still get the teachers from the same list, and almost every public school will have disruptive teachers... but in saying that it's your choice. If you think it will benefit you, then by all means move.

Have you thought about trying out for a selective school or changing to a private school. I know in bankstown there's De LaSalle College, and Bankstown Grammar.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Bankstown Grammer is neither of these.
Your comment suggests that neither Bankstown Grammar nor De La Salle is private or selective. I must correct this. Bankstown Grammar is most certainly a private independent school and De La Salle is a Catholic school.

Neither are academic selective however.

Last edited:

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
summerlxve said:
Um, I'm planning to apply to a different school. I have East Hills Girls in mind but i'm not sure if they have spaced or if they would accept me. I'm currently attending Bankstown Girls & have been for just over a term but i can't stay focussed because i have some very wild classmates in like every class.

So could you guy give me some recommendations to which school I could possibly go to if i don't get accepted in to East Hills Please ? & can you please give me some feedback of the school please.

I know a few, but i wanna see what you guys think about the different school & their standards.

Much Appreciated.
Not many good schools will accept you in the prelim/HSC years. Other, not so good schools would, such as Birrong Girls and Bass Hill High.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Malek Fahds in greenacre, and thats ranked 9th in the state. {Beat sydney boys last year lols }

but it's an islamic school, which doesn't suggest it should only apply to islamics, but really it's supercool. 98% of the school is lebanese people, 1% curries, 1% indoes/other haha

but otherwise i think bankstown grammar is good, and de la salle :) as the others suggested.

I don't think bankstown girls is all that bad anyways i heard of people who get 90+ from there, and btw, there's wild PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. What year you in anywhow?

fishimi

HSC
I graduated from East Hills Girls last year, and from my knowledge, they do take some people in the prelim year at least. They do require that you're achieving pretty good marks to be accepted though, so if you are, there's really no reason why they shouldn't accept you.

Also, it really doesn't matter which school you go to. I'm sure you could stay at Bankstown Girls and achieve marks as high as you would if you went to another school, if you work at it.

danieljoseph69a

HSC
hey

i hear you are having trouble trying to pick a school... well if it helps.. private schools are usually alot more organised when it comes to that sort of thing... you are going to get your class clowns everywhere, but there will definately be less of them in a private school... a few in bankstown would include: Bankstown Grammar, La Salle, MSJ etc

nandison

HSC
:burn: YOU KNOW WHAT DON T LISTEN TO DILLAY , AND I AGREE WITH THE OTHERS EVERY SCHOOL YOU GO TO YOU HAVE WILD MATES , AND YOU CANT HELP IT , THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PREVENT IT , IS SELF DISCIPLINE. BUT CONDELL PARK IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IVE BEEN TO, IN MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS AND ILL SAY ITS ALRIGHT ITS LIKE EVERY OTHER SCHOOL , ITS DOMINATED BY LEBO'Z BUT IVE COME TO LOVE THEM MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY , WHICH TELS YOU THAT IM NOT LEBO , IM FOB BUT YERR . URRMM ILL RECOMMEND BASS HILL AND SIR JOEYS BUT ONE SCHOOL I WOULDNT APPROVE OF IS THE ONE YOU ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING AND WILEY PARK GIRLS!!!:burn:

johony

HSC
nandison said:
:burn: YOU KNOW WHAT DON T LISTEN TO DILLAY , AND I AGREE WITH THE OTHERS EVERY SCHOOL YOU GO TO YOU HAVE WILD MATES , AND YOU CANT HELP IT , THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PREVENT IT , IS SELF DISCIPLINE. BUT CONDELL PARK IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IVE BEEN TO, IN MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS AND ILL SAY ITS ALRIGHT ITS LIKE EVERY OTHER SCHOOL , ITS DOMINATED BY LEBO'Z BUT IVE COME TO LOVE THEM MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY , WHICH TELS YOU THAT IM NOT LEBO , IM FOB BUT YERR . URRMM ILL RECOMMEND BASS HILL AND SIR JOEYS BUT ONE SCHOOL I WOULDNT APPROVE OF IS THE ONE YOU ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING AND WILEY PARK GIRLS!!!:burn:
TYPING IN CAPS ONLY IS REALLY ANNOYING

Bass High seems like a pretty good option, the people i know that go there are all good people, and they seem pretty focussed academically; so that might be a good option.

I'd still rate East Hills Girls slightly better than Bass High though.

Last edited:

justmeme

HSC
N/A
summerlxve said:

Much Appreciated.
is it just your classes with disruptive classmates, can you go speak to teachers about them, change schools?

sannous1

HSC
nandison said:
Hey whats rong with wiley park girls high?. I go there, its a great school, people make it out that its not a good school. As in most schools, ull always have students who want an education and want to go uni, and the other students who just go TAFE , etc. Most girls in yr 12 at my school go uni, both my sisters went there one got 91.25 the other got 85, i think there pretty good marks. My sisters friends uai's ranged from 90 - 96. We do get marks like that, maybe it'll be a small percentage but hey, we do.

I dont understand how a school can help you with ur HSC mark, its bullshit. I believe if the student wants to learn, they learn. If they don't , that's there choice. Marks depend on the individual wheather they study or not.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think that the better schools in the Bankstown region are Bankstown Grammar (if you're willing to fork out about $20k per year), East Hills Girls High, and I find this hard to believe that noone has mentioned this yet (or maybe I looked over it), the only Selective (or partially Selective) school in the Bankstown region, Sefton High School.

danieljoseph69a

HSC
sannous1 said:
Hey whats rong with wiley park girls high?. I go there, its a great school, people make it out that its not a good school. As in most schools, ull always have students who want an education and want to go uni, and the other students who just go TAFE , etc. Most girls in yr 12 at my school go uni, both my sisters went there one got 91.25 the other got 85, i think there pretty good marks. My sisters friends uai's ranged from 90 - 96. We do get marks like that, maybe it'll be a small percentage but hey, we do.

I dont understand how a school can help you with ur HSC mark, its bullshit. I believe if the student wants to learn, they learn. If they don't , that's there choice. Marks depend on the individual wheather they study or not.
Sannous i completely disagree with your thoughts on the 'school' meaning nothing.... i have plenty of m8s hu go to public schools and have failed the hsc because of the people they hung around with.... another reason in which all confessed to... was that the teachers had less control over the classes ( who actually turns up, how much work gets done etc.) and due to this, they struggled.....

im not saying private is the only good option, because schools like james russe are public and they achieve extremely high marks... what im really saying is.. if you have teachers who are only there to get their pay, at the end of the day its the students who will suffer... and you can only blame really 1 person for bad marks... and thats yourself..... even if you go to a bad school, it doesnt mean that you can achieve well.... go up to your teachers and show them that you have a profound interest in their subject... chances are.. you will receive more assistance from them because they knoew that you actually are there at school because you want to be there... not because your parents force you or because you cant get a job...

sannous1

HSC
danieljoseph69a said:
Sannous i completely disagree with your thoughts on the 'school' meaning nothing.... i have plenty of m8s hu go to public schools and have failed the hsc because of the people they hung around with.... another reason in which all confessed to... was that the teachers had less control over the classes ( who actually turns up, how much work gets done etc.) and due to this, they struggled.....

im not saying private is the only good option, because schools like james russe are public and they achieve extremely high marks... what im really saying is.. if you have teachers who are only there to get their pay, at the end of the day its the students who will suffer... and you can only blame really 1 person for bad marks... and thats yourself..... even if you go to a bad school, it doesnt mean that you can achieve well.... go up to your teachers and show them that you have a profound interest in their subject... chances are.. you will receive more assistance from them because they knoew that you actually are there at school because you want to be there... not because your parents force you or because you cant get a job...
first of all ur friends whu failed their hsc because the people they hung out with, whuz fault is that?, theres obviously. And teachers , at my school and maube other schools, are so considerate/helpful and take so much time for some students at our school, we have teachers who do classes or meet at a local library during the holidays. Me and my friends live in the social science department, there helping us 24/7.

All imsaying is i just hate people who put down schools sayin its shit education and they dont recommened them to any1, dats all

UNZPME

HSC
Do u wnnaa achive n get betaa marks wel cum 2 condel prk :):D:D:D das all i guta say bst education :D:D:D:D:D:D:D i used 2 b shyttt n nowww im accingg it all

MTP

HSC
UNZPME said:
Do u wnnaa achive n get betaa marks wel cum 2 condel prk :):D:D:D das all i guta say bst education :D:D:D:D:D:D:D i used 2 b shyttt n nowww im accingg it all
OmG LiiKkE ii SooOO AgReE WiiThh U Onn DiiS. ConDeLl PaRrkK is ThA BessTt!

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Bankstown doesn't really offer that many choices in terms of high schools. If you are willing, take a look at some of the private schools in the Strathfield area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)