Schools rating (1 Viewer)

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i go to International Grammar School in the city.. its a pretty good school, good languages and music, and great atmosphere. all the teachers are heaps friendly and ive got a good year

arson_system

Wanna Learn ?
HSC
i go to East Hills Girls Tech. High...a pretty long name. It's an alrite sch but i wish i was in another...

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
everyone is prolly going to be like "you suck.."

i go to abbotsleigh.

im not stuck up. i dont have boatloads of cash. i dont have my own jag and personal slave.
i greatly DISlike my school....
do i get brownie points for that?

is anyone in the NSGH or NSBH class of '05?

Raginsheep

HSC
azzie said:
everyone is prolly going to be like "you suck.."

i go to abbotsleigh.

im not stuck up. i dont have boatloads of cash. i dont have my own jag and personal slave.
i greatly DISlike my school....
do i get brownie points for that?

is anyone in the NSGH or NSBH class of '05?
I am.

2314154235223131241 Stupid post thingy

Raginsheep

HSC
Me? I go to nsb dude.

I know of a cathy but don't know her last name.

Raginsheep

HSC
Yeah I do but we're not like in the same group or anythin.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
QUESTION: do u know... christine yu, pearl lam.... or... some ppl whos names ive forgotten? (NSGH that is )

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
OMG i can't believe no one has mentioned St Scholastica's College Glebe, Sydney. Formally called schols , or schols moles.You ask why is that image? because after ahwhile alot of the girls are stuckup little whatits [ from about yr 8 to 10 .... basically when they get their period :D hehheehe....ahahaha....ahh*sigh*] ! It's 7-12.The teachers are a nice bunch once you get to know them.single sex-female.The decors bland(blue and yellow painted walls with dark floorboards.....very old. The only good thing about the place is the surrounding gardens.The canteen is pricey the unform is an arm and a leg school fees are alright...if you like to pay through the nose that is.The school computer system to buggered........ and no air con only in one computer room and that was fitted in recently!

Thankfully.....i don't go there no more.....

My judgement..... Goto the school down the road -Sydney Secondary College-Blackwattle bay campus, you would get better value for money.Only catch....it's 10-12

somechick

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
St Andrews Cathedral School... And it is fucking shit and just getting worse. You'd think a private school would be better than most but sadly it's not.

For example, throughout year 11 my IPT class didn't learn anything because we had a teacher that knew less than we did. I figure they just pulled her off the street and said 'hey what about a teaching job!!??'

Then there is the excessive time wasting. The time allocations are stupid and organisation doesn't exist. Take for example 'admin' period every day. This time is basically wasted. Going to lunch would be more useful, and thats what we did most of the time.

Then there is the time in between periods. Of course no time is allocated for this, even though we have 3 seperate buildings (which are in different buildings in the city) and it takes time especially with the building with lifts. Then to add to that, instead of making 5 teachers move buildings to teach, they make 150 students move. If they are moving to the building with the lifts, theres another 15 minutes waiting in line. And if the teachers actually have to go to another building to teach, they usually show up more than 20 minutes late.

Then there is just the staff in general. A lot of them are constantly late, as seen by my maths teacher this year who was at least 15 minutes late every lesson and who's record was 52 minutes late (our lessons are an hour long). Classes at my school are like a lucky dip. Some teachers are good and some are bad. There is almost no structure in the teaching, pretty much every teacher just teaches whatever they want in whatever way they want to teach it.

Students are dismissive of most of the teachers, this is especially the case with year 12's who have dealt with their incompetence for years. And you'd think the heads of department would be intelligent but apparently not. For english this year we were stuck with the worst possible choices of texts.

Being a private school there is more funds avaliable for stuff like computers. My school sure uses it well. For some reason the computers in study hall (which is used exclusively by year 11 and 12) are worse than the computers in the primary. The internet is constantly screwed up and the network storage constantly deleted peoples work.

There is so much more I could say, but obviously you can already tell the school is screwed. And sure you can say 'well at least you are at a private school' but thats exactly my point. Sure we have better facilities than most but what makes a school is the people in it, and the people in this one are complete idiots.

So to really rate the school it needs to be broken up into categories.
10/10 for opportunities
0/10 for actually taking advantage of those opportunities

Thanks a lot St Andrews, I had a wonderful time. I hope you guys are having a great holiday with all that cash you saved from hiring random people off the street.

oh that is SO sad, i feel for you.
I go to riverside and its a ab fab school. Last year our girls came 2nd in english, first and second in english extention 2 and our dux did mighty fine-got a premier's.

Raginsheep

HSC
azzie said:
QUESTION: do u know... christine yu, pearl lam.... or... some ppl whos names ive forgotten? (NSGH that is )
Nup...neva heard of them.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
nessie_lee said:
YAY for GRC- Oatley! .. i go there too... who's this?.. we probably don't know each other seeing as our year has 440 people. ;)

HEY!! Finally someone from the same school!
I'm in yr 11 though :)

By the way this is me in my avatar lol.

tinuviel

I go to Macarthur Girls High. Its pretty impressive for a public school in my opinion. I would say a good portion of my grade will do very well- and select individuals are guaranteed over 98 uai. Our school is not one of those schools who are on the map...but we do pretty well on average. But we're worried that the lazy dumb asses at the bottom of the chemistry group are going to drag us way down! :mad:

Assasinator_2

HSC
I went to Ormiston College, Brisbane. Graduated last year.

Lovely privacte school, that was academically and sportingly far better than most other schools in Brisbane, despite only being 16 years old this year, and having far smaller population (~1100)

Best teachers I could have asked for, along with the best class I've ever known of (even from what other people said about their classes) - We had the sister of a Miss Indy from last year, a Miss Indy this year, as well as many other hotties, combined with enough brains to ensure that this year, there's no less than 11 of the 105 people of my yearlevel doing Engineering at university (Spread over Mechanical, Electrical, Mining and Mechatronics), as well as all the other smart people doing non-engineering degrees. We got along without flaw, and noone hated anyone else enough to acutally cause any problems during day-to-day life.

Refer to attached picture for proof of how kick-arse the school is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)