Science (ADV) unit selection help (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I hate the UWS enrolment system, i'm really lost for my unit selection. I really dont' know what to select for my level 1 science alternatives and electives. Also in your unit selection do you have to put in units for the spring session aswell?

joelv

HSC
Yeah I got so lost with it too. There's some number you can ring up if ya heaps lost or you can email them. They are fairly helpful. I think your alternatives and electives depend on what area you wanna study in the advanced science degree. You will have to put in your units for the spring session along with your autumn session so you are enrolled for a whole year. If you get real lost you can always go to the advanced science academic advising session.. that’s what i'm gonna do

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
joelv said:
Yeah I got so lost with it too. There's some number you can ring up if ya heaps lost or you can email them. They are fairly helpful. I think your alternatives and electives depend on what area you wanna study in the advanced science degree. You will have to put in your units for the spring session along with your autumn session so you are enrolled for a whole year. If you get real lost you can always go to the advanced science academic advising session.. that’s what i'm gonna do
Yeh, i already had all the core units in, also Med Sci is not restricted to Campbelltown and some of the info on the Sci Adv page is wrong, i rang assoc prof Wormell at UWS Hawkesbury yesterday, he said all the info about unit selection is given out at advising day, contradictory to all that enrolement sh*t we got in the mail. But yeh he emailed all the stuff to me and now UWS Hakwesbury seems like sh*t. I so should have done BA at Usyd with all those hot white chicks.

joelv what campus are you going to be at?

joelv

HSC
I'm doing med science (through adv science) at Campbelltown. Yeah I soon realised what the course is like when I found out we do extension stuff in our holidays.. Although there was something bout excursions to like a brewery n stuff. Not sure what that’s about. I still haven't enrolled in anatomy and histology (core unit) cos apparently since I'm not actually studying the normal med science I don't meet all the rules. So I gotta fill out a rule wavier form and get it signed and stuff so I can enrol.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, I’m a student at UWS and I also work in the UWS call centre. Anyone having difficulty with using the My Student Records (MySR) system should call the MySR Helpline on 1300 668 370. We can help if you are having difficulty navigating the system, enrolling in units, etc. It’s best if you can call up whilst you are on the net so then we can actually walk you through the process step by step. There are also some supported computer labs being provided on campuses where you can be assisted through the process by a staff member. These are on the 4th 5th 6th and 7th of Feb, call us for locations.
However, for information on which units to select for electives / pool units etc, you should go to the Academic Advising session for your course to obtain advice from your Head of Program. Info on these session times and locations can be found here: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/start/local/info , or if you have missed your session then email your course advisor / head of program. Most sessions are occurring between 29th Jan – 7th Feb.

A helpful link for finding information after you have been made an offer for UWS is:
www.uws.edu.au/newstudents and if you follow the “simple steps” flow chart you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)