science degrees (1 Viewer)

kim_

wot science degree do you want to do? (I jus wna know all the options that are available)

A l

HSC
N/A
If you don't know what specific area of science you want to study go for Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced).

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
A l said:
If you don't know what specific area of science you want to study go for Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced).
Yeah you can choose from approx. 30 majors.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
I want to do a combined Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering (chemical), possibly a bachelor of mathematics afterwards.
Wow, thats a mirror image of what I want to do, exept i was thinking of doing Bachelor of science (pure maths or applied maths).

kim_

I want to do b od med science or a bachelor of advanced science then go onto pharmacology or physiotherapy, but I really dont know what I want to do but these are the things that I am tossing up between

Last edited by a moderator:

Budz

HSC
I cant choose between any science... i was planning on lettin my half yearlues decide for me...

As fate would have it.. i got 94% and first in all three....

Stupid tests....
its tooooo hard to chooooose
i might do the BSc(Adv) and put all the majors into a hat and pull one put and do that one

:)
budz

jamesy_1988

HSC
Bachelor of Science (chemistry or physics) / Bachelor of Engineering (chemical) at the university of queensland in 2006

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
*Wails*
I don't know any more!!!!!
Stupid study days at the uni, now I have no idea!!!
Now I want to do engineering (Chemical, mechanical, mechatronics, environmental), photonics, pure mathematics, secondary education (science...with chem and phys and majors)
It just isn't fair. I can't do it all. Why can't someone come up with some technology so we can split ourselves into 45 parts and do everything at once?!?!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hehe so many pplz so determined, yet so many pplz unsure...

those who wish to do science: well in the first year, usually u get to do the same subjects regardless of what u wish to major in later on... (except psychology i think) so go into the uni and u have one more yr to decide...

u can always negotiate with university if u want to do subjects across disciplines... a good uai plus involvement in olympiads can usually back up ur capability...

if u are still unsure, approach the professors in the fields and ask them for their current or past research projects etc... they usually (if not busy) are more than happy to show off their research with u...

oh and i am doing B Sci (adv) / B Comm @ USyd... ne one wish to join the ranks?! ^^

@jumbo cactus: HEY!!! i recognise that... u a fan of ff8?! ^^

tennille

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
*Wails*
I don't know any more!!!!!
Stupid study days at the uni, now I have no idea!!!
Now I want to do engineering (Chemical, mechanical, mechatronics, environmental), photonics, pure mathematics, secondary education (science...with chem and phys and majors)
It just isn't fair. I can't do it all. Why can't someone come up with some technology so we can split ourselves into 45 parts and do everything at once?!?!
Why don't you do B Science/ B engineering if you're not sure. Then you can decide what you like and decide what you're interested in as you do your degree. Then you can major in a science subject and an specific area of engineering.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
xiao1985 said:
@jumbo cactus: HEY!!! i recognise that... u a fan of ff8?! ^^
Well yeah, you could say that :rolleyes: My education got seriously inhibited ever since the release of FF7 [nostalgia moment]

ishq

brown?
HSC
fairydust said:
wot science degree do you want to do? (I jus wna know all the options that are available)
If I do science at Uni:
B Sci (Adv) - Genetics

:D

Probably wont, though

tennille

HSC
Slide Rule said:
^ Sure, but you'd still have to decide which science and which engineering you want to take! :p
But you don't have to decide now :p

Procrastinating is fun :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ tenille: i couldn't agree more =p
@ jumbo cactus: tell me abt it man... i learnt how to play m:tg during yr 12... now that's painful...

kim_

i wntd to do physiotherapy but i dont really know how to get into it... an easier way... uai 95 or sumtin lyk dat...or b/med s not sure, culd i do med s and then go into physio???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)