Science SC Test (1 Viewer)

adgala

HSC
YBK said:
wtf, it took me the whole 1.5 hours to finish it, well, maybe cause i was sneezing all through the test... i think i got some allergy from something in the exam room.... GRR, i even missed on a question cause i didnt have time... grrrrr

bah, i did well overall
it took me 15 mins to finish the short answer and multiple choice! the rest took around 1hr..the urethra is a male reproductive thingy

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Pianpupodoel said:
did anyone else notice that error in the atmosphere question.

i mean, how can it be 1200 degrees celsius ABOVE zero so far up in the sky?
irrelivant though.. :D

oh btw, it took me around 40 minutes to answer the multiple choice and short answer questions.... :S..... i think....

orcachik

HSC
Hi Message from orcachik!!

Pianpupodoel said:

HEYA,
you guyz that are on here normally don't know me, well.. i guess none of yaz do. i just signed up coz i've like half failed the s.c and stuff this year but i'v picked like physics, legal, ext maths n stuff next year so i'm jus trying to get hints on how to study proper n stuff but yer... i think i'll fail in my hsc too!
neway, with that atmosphere question, its right.. the atmosphere decreases at a steady rate until so far up and then it stays constant but then increases in temperature again.. yer, fair enuf, maybe not 1200 degrees but it dus get hotter..
trust me on that one guyz!

Mumma

HSC
for that hydro electricity plant/coal burning i put 1. no cfcs 2. no radiation to plants 3. no radiation to animals 4. renewable resource 5. doesnt harm ozone layer as a rig
Uhh.. coal powerplants dont emmit CFCs, and are obviously NOT radioactive so thats 1,2,3 all wrong.

Oh yeah and what was the answer to that stupid question with the substance in the acid? I mean it could have been anything. It said the substance was shiny and conducted electricity. Wow, thanks for the detail :rolleyes:

Last edited:

=<Si-Fu>=

HSC
sigh

wel i guess we all are in the same boat!!
i think the english sc was easier than i expected..
and the science wasnt very hard as well.. but then again every1 who has done it in past years says that aswel..
its proberly all the silly mistakes that will bring my mark down :(
well good luck for tomorows math and h/g!!!!
Si_Fu

maCe

.maceh
HSC
Test was easier then I thought, aced the multiple choice (finished that part in like.. half an hr :S)

Pianpupodoel said:

I looked at that.. and though.. WTF? but anyway's, that's the BOS's problem, not mine :p

as for the rest of the test.. made up stuff for biotech and hydroelectricity :p.. all of it was pretty much correct though so yay :D

MadFred

HSC
N/A
superglove_sam said:
fossil fuel conditions:

for that hydro electricity plant/coal burning i put 1. no cfcs 2. no radiation to plants 3. no radiation to animals 4. renewable resource 5. doesnt harm ozone layer as a rig
Coal contains significant traces of all sorts of things, including uranium, so when you burn coal you put uranium into the atmosphere...

It didn't say you needed to do hydro or coal, but think they may have been fishing for it...

MadFred

HSC
N/A
Corn starch plastic

Q 37 had at least 2 right answers - Benefits of Plantic.

(B) It is made from a renewable resource = corn not oil, etc

(D) Plantic does not add CO2 to the atmosphere. While CO2 is released from Plantic when it gets wet and decomposes, it is CO2 from the atmosphere, not from underground, so no CO2 is ADDED to the atmoshpere. Ditto using biofuels such as biodiesel (trans-esterfied vegetable oil, such as canola, soy or waste cooking oils).

Comments on (A) & (C):

(A) Plantic just means that the oil will go to fuel, not plastics..??? Maybe last a bit longer. Using as fuel means CO2 is released, while maybe it stays out of the atmosphere if it is hanging around in a landfill...

(C) If plantic is put on the dump in the middle of a desert it maybe won't break down? Maybe this is good - it will store the Carbon out of the atmosphere???

MadFred

HSC
N/A
Pianpupodoel said:
hey about that fossil fuel /hydro electricity thing. i read the question over and over again, and apparently it did not force you to write about one of the two electircity generation methods listed above.

so i did it on solar energy...
Other benefit of Solar and it zero emissions are that you can put the panels at the load (your house) so you don't have the I^2/R losses (loss to cable heating) you get when you transmit power over long distances... Doesn't rip-up bush-land either, like building a coal station. :)

Somethign else most people don't know is that you can use the coal base-load capacity at night to pump water back up hill, so you can let it back down again to provide peak-load power in the day-time. :)

CcC_BoY

stupid yr 10's

lol man fossils develop best in river beds so lava is a completely wrong answer for all of u who did the exam... this is coming from a finished hsc student so yea ...doesnt matter the answer was C.. ohh wells good luck in ure otha exams

miss_shady72

HSC
;) pretty good! that was my last ever science exam and i found it fine...nothing that hard that stumped me. i didn't put lava! i put muddy creek or whatever that one was....not sure about it. finally over!

maung

HSC
adgala said:
it took me 15 mins to finish the short answer and multiple choice! the rest took around 1hr..the urethra is a male reproductive thingy
URETHRA IS MALE AND FEMALE THINGO!!!!!!

YBK

HSC
maung said:
URETHRA IS MALE AND FEMALE THINGO!!!!!!
no it's not. it's only used in males for reproductive purposes.
they asked for "reproductive organs"

and urethra is only reproductive in males :p

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Fossils also require a lack of oxygen, and the sorrounding area to be relatively indisturbed. Pressure IS APPLIED in a muddy river mouth, the mud acts as a sort of insulating blanket which equals heat.

Its my opinion, but c) Muddy river mouth is the only correct answer.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
I did a table with utilising a checkbox format.

I sure hope your allowed to do that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Organ | Male | Female |
| urethra | [TICK] | |

Is that allowed?

Because if it isnt, its off to the woolshed.

YBK

HSC
ScottyG said:
I did a table with utilising a checkbox format.

I sure hope your allowed to do that

| Organ | Male | Female |
| urethra | [TICK] | |

Is that allowed?

Because if it isnt, its off to the woolshed.
That's exactly what i did !!

i put a key at the end, specifying that the "tick", meant the organ belonged to that male/female

romesh

Master of the Universe
HSC
Mumma said:
Oh yeah and what was the answer to that stupid question with the substance in the acid? I mean it could have been anything. It said the substance was shiny and conducted electricity. Wow, thanks for the detail :rolleyes:
Only metals are shiny and conduct electricity, and pretty much the only thing we put in acid in Science was metal. The question wouldn't work if Q was not an element (it would have been too hard).

Mumma

HSC
Good, I put 'Metal' as the answer. I just thought it was a stupid kind of question to ask. Some people become confused wondering if the question wanted something specific and took random guesses like aluminium or magnesium,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)