Science Skill Section (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What did you guys say for the changing variables in Brendan's experiment?

Dyne

HSC
Temperature to change. . . and then I wondered if I needed another one. I wrote more filter paper. . . I know :p I don't think you needed more than one on either side, but I wrote more just to make sure.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Same Variables: Amount of solutions, type of solutions
Changing Variables: Temperature of solutions, (my friend said the flame of the bunsen burner)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What kind of format did you guys use to talk about your outline abt DNA for yr 9 students?

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I just did it in specific point form as the question suggests that we should do it briefly "outline".

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Overall, how good did you go?

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I pretty much did it point form, did everyone else just write some information concerning DNA?

Dyne

HSC
ronnknee said:
I just did it in specific point form as the question suggests that we should do it briefly "outline".
Same.

Overall. . . Science was okay. Think I did well. . . There were some stupid questions, like why -wouldn't- you get a tsunami warning system. I felt tempted to write "if you wanted to get crushed by a massive wave", but i wrote something to do with false alarms/mass evacuations...

Deluge

HSC
Haha...

Science was alright. Nothing special. And LOL @ that dude who talked about the stupid "disadvantages of getting an earthquake warning system" being stupid. Great sense of humour, mate.

Well, the science test... it wasn't easy it wasn't hard. It was OK. :) Basically, one could do well with no study whatsoever. I guess that wasn't totally unexpected anyway.

``jes2iicah--

HSC
omg do u guys think there goin to penalise big time if you wrote in detail sorta for teh DNA question??

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Dyne said:
Same.

Overall. . . Science was okay. Think I did well. . . There were some stupid questions, like why -wouldn't- you get a tsunami warning system. I felt tempted to write "if you wanted to get crushed by a massive wave", but i wrote something to do with false alarms/mass evacuations...
i totally agree

Kujah

HSC
N/A
``jes2iicah-- said:
omg do u guys think there goin to penalise big time if you wrote in detail sorta for teh DNA question??
Dunno. Hope not. I wrote in detailed paragraph form telling them about what i would tell them in my speech. Any chance they're gonna penalise me for inappropriate format?

sophiaaah

HSC
Kujah said:
I wrote in detailed paragraph form telling them about what i would tell them in my speech. Any chance they're gonna penalise me for inappropriate format?
argh me too. i just introduced my outline in the first paragraph, gave some information about DNA (its structure and function) in the second, and then spoke about the diagram ..all crammed down the bottom of the page.

eep i didnt realise it should be dot points...

PrettyVacant

HSC
Don't worry about it! :) It's ovveer.
Oh yeah, I just wrote "Temperature" but since the question is worth 2 marks, I reckon it's one mark for constant variable and one mark for changing variable because half marks are just silly. Plus they DID say variable/s, so I suppose you could have just put one...:)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Mark576 said:
I pretty much did it point form, did everyone else just write some information concerning DNA?
I wrote something like, "and included with the discussion with be the topic of genes; which is blahblahblahblahblah".

Dear god, it was worth six marks. Did everyone fill the entire page?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Freshmex said:
I wrote something like, "and included with the discussion with be the topic of genes; which is blahblahblahblahblah".

Dear god, it was worth six marks. Did everyone fill the entire page?
Uh, yeah. I almost ran out of lines. LOL.

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
How'd you fair for the tsunami wavelength calculation one? I was ego busting people after the test (pointing out their incorrectness). And the LED plastics one. And the Radiation one.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Freshmex said:
How'd you fair for the tsunami wavelength calculation one? I was ego busting people after the test (pointing out their incorrectness). And the LED plastics one. And the Radiation one.
Oh my god, I hate people who do that!
('cause that's my job:))
Well, sometimes I get it wrong and it backfires. Then I make up some bullshit to try to justify things and bluff my way out of it.

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Hahaha, yup I do that too, but sometimes I get over-passionate about my argument and someone will drop a killer reason why they're right and bust my chops.

It hurts.

Maths tomorrow.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Oh my school is full of maths nerds, no ego-busting for me tomorrow :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)