Scientific Journals (1 Viewer)

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
I know this may be a strange to request, but any other fortians will understand it.

Does anyone have any sources (online or offline (preferably online)) for free access to scientific journals?

---

Yes, there is an assessment where we need to find two on either LEAD-ACID or DRY CELL batteries. Then find two articles in the mass media about them.

Little more in depth, but thats the gist of it.

Thanks and regards,
Lexi.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Your best bet is to find someone at uni and steal their student number and password, all (I think) uni's have access to pretty much all the online journals, I think very very few publish their stuff for free (and if they do, its really not a journal you would particularly want information from).
Alternatively, go to your local uni and ambush the library and get the printed journals and photocopy what you need.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOLZ.... ahahaha!!! i see i see... ^.^

i know 2 students from ur grade... if u can find any one of them, i will give u access to usyd's data base for one day...

*looks around to see if any usyd mod's are around~~~

alternatively, u can go to fisher research section lolz... they got everything there... =)
but honestly speakin we didn't find alot of good stuff to use in journals, just something related to lead acid chemistry and environmental stuff...

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
u can search the journals online ?right? When we went to fisher they taught us how to search for the articles from journals online. Or was i just plain lost?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yes, the journals have a built-in search function that searches for your terms only within that journal.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
wrx said:
u can search the journals online ?right? When we went to fisher they taught us how to search for the articles from journals online. Or was i just plain lost?
i doubt u can access it without the log in n pass tho =S

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yep. most journal sites requires unipass unfortunately.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Lol. Next time I tell you what you do. (Don't tell every Tom, Dick and Harry.) Many uni departmental libraries have computer access terminals by themselves w/o need of login. They are automatically authorised to acces e-journals like Web of Science, Wiley, etc.

While out of semester there's practically no-one using them, so you'll get plenty of space. Just look like a uni student.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh ... ti strue for usyd that's all i know...at lvl 3 (the main entrance or was it lvl 2), walk in turn left keep walkin there's a bunch of computers nxt to the info desk...

but vaguely recall u need unikey to log in???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)