Scientific Paradigms (1 Viewer)

jessica.ann

HSC
Hi can anyone help me with an example of text that shows off the scientific paradigm nicely.. just we havnt done anything about it or anything and im trying to come up with a non cliched short story

quite a task
thanks

ccc123

HSC
Though its a common one, Mary Shelleys's Frankenstein is very good for demonstrating the scientific paradigms of the 19th century, and also for reflecting the apprehension at the mass scientific advancement.

jessica.ann

HSC
thanks for that guys

i have read 'on natural selection' by charles darwin, but I don't really know how to relate it back to the syllabus.. and esp how to link it with my core texts of p&p, browning and dolls house

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
jessica.ann said:
thanks for that guys

i have read 'on natural selection' by charles darwin, but I don't really know how to relate it back to the syllabus.. and esp how to link it with my core texts of p&p, browning and dolls house
Link the theory of social darwinism drawn from Darwin's work to the idea's portrayed by Torvald towards Nora, eg her inferiotiry as the 'song-bird' while Torvald depicts himself in one scene as an eagle/hawk with his wings protecting Nora.

shazran

HSC
jessica.ann said:
thanks for that guys

natural selection was a theroy that affrimed indiviualism in the C19th ..that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)