SCIF1021, Which one? (1 Viewer)

iol

HSC
Hey guys, I'm looking to ultimately major in Pharmacology through B Sci Adv and was wondering which Adv Sci Seminar would benefit me the most (Biology or Chemistry). I have Bio selected atm because it allows me to have tuesdays off and a timetable I quite like, and pharmacology also requres Biomed making it seem like a good compromise between convenience and relevance. So would selecting the Bio stream over Chem put me at a disadvantage?

Thanks!

HSC
I have no idea. Tim's answer > than mine wheni comes to pharm. If I had to guess; I'd say chemistry cause it is drug design you'll probably be going into. But in saying that; I don't think it'll matter at all and you should pick the one that most interest you.

If i know Scif and will rifkin; there won't e much science in it anway. More like - how do you communicate this and present that; etc. What was effective; how did it feel - that kinda communications stuff.

What are the seminars for/what do they consist of?

Tim035

HSC
I doubt it will really matter, however I have no real idea what the adv sci seminars involve exactly. There's actually surprisingly little chem needed in 2nd and 3rd year pharmacology courses; however in terms of research and career options, having a solid chemistry as well as pharmacological background is a real plus. I'm regretting having not done at least 2nd year organic chem & medicinal chemistry.

iol

HSC
Thanks for the replies so far! I won't mind choosing the Chem stream if it's actually really beneficial, but I'd like a day free for work - I'm really short on $$$
Anyone else with experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)