scotland (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Has anyone lived in Scotland (or worked there) for a substantial time?

How's it like? Are the people friendly, or cold, or..?

Please share, thank you..so much!

:wave:

tlodg

HSC
N/A
like every ABC drama i've seen with Ireland as the setting was all depressing and wet and raining and miserable and guiness and pub chubby bartended thick accent = all in all extremely depressing

with Scotland on the other hand well seems less so.... don't know why i guess its cos of the no IRA/crappy economy after Tiger economy era etc

But why Scotland? even NZ is more cheery man... Canada, England, Scando US etc more cheery man
I find beauty in "darker" places..they make me feel like I'm living in a real-life dream.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
are you emo? cos Ireland is real dark it virtually rains 24/7 cloudy rain really depressing thats partly why lots of Irish people migrate out partly though
ew rain..no..but snow is good. Do you know if it snows much in Scotland?

Imagery

HSC
It snows fuckloads in scotland.

No not really, just talking out of my ass.

louy

HSC
N/A
which part of Scotland you looking at ?? Some rural and remote place like Elgin is nice and quiet. Great for old people to retire.
The cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh are quite llively, and both have large university so there is quite a mix of student life and student activities. There are football teams which the locals support and follow - Glasgow Rangers, Celtic.

I think the people are friendly, altho I struggled to understand their accent.

I have not been to Scotland for a while now. Probably 3 years since I was last there. I found the transportation a little sh!t which is a problem if you stay there long term.
Being UK, expect lots of rain, and colder winters, and short days during winter.

The summer is great tho, hiking in the country side,the edinburgh tattoo, the edinburgh fring and festival.

rozymisty

HSC
My friend is from Scotland and she says that most of the time its bloody freezing over there! And their beaches...well its just rocks and shit like that.

Id love to go to Scotland one day, and my friend said that when i go with her, she'll be not used to the cold and it will be rather difficult to get us out from under a million doonas.

If you want to know more about the two, youtube Danny Bhoy, he's a Scottish comedian, and whatever you do, dont call a scot an irish, they HATE it lol.

danny has a joke about noahs arch when noah gets to scotland and announces that they will have 14 days and nights of flooding rains and scotland just pisses themselves laughing coz they are up to 55 and counting.....

tlodg

HSC
N/A
My friend is from Scotland and she says that most of the time its bloody freezing over there! And their beaches...well its just rocks and shit like that.

Id love to go to Scotland one day, and my friend said that when i go with her, she'll be not used to the cold and it will be rather difficult to get us out from under a million doonas.

If you want to know more about the two, youtube Danny Bhoy, he's a Scottish comedian, and whatever you do, dont call a scot an irish, they HATE it lol.

danny has a joke about noahs arch when noah gets to scotland and announces that they will have 14 days and nights of flooding rains and scotland just pisses themselves laughing coz they are up to 55 and counting.....
I love how it sounds..if anyone knows of any good Scottish Job Vacancies please let me know here, thank you!

rozymisty

HSC
OMG Danny boy rules man, he is funny as hell...
he sure as hell does!!

Have you seen his new dvd, Live at the Atheneum?? Got it Aug5, only by chance did i see it when i went to HMV to pick up my copy of Carl Barrons dvd. Its all about how he stuffs up heaps of things! funny as hell!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)