Screwed for transfer? (1 Viewer)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
ITs been ages since I posted so err.. here goes...
ok so i got 94.45 in 2003 HSC and went and did B Eco at UNSW. My brain kinda died and i bludged through the year. My WAM ended up being just below 60 and I successfully transferred to B Design at COFA, which was awesome. It kinda went downhill in session 2 cos it sucked anus and well here i am thinkin of droppin out. My friend Hitler (cant remember his name on BOS) reckons I should finish B Eco but my Design wam was only 62 or just under. Totally screwed. What are my chances peeps.. I am sooo lost. I missed the main round applications and even if i just worked full time till mid year intakes im not sure what my chances are cos i think my UAI becomes completely irrelevant. so much for studying my ass off.. all my fault.. ideas? greatly appreciated!! =D

ace

is retired
HSC
if you had applied in time, you would of got accepted to B.Eco. anyways besides that

If you apply mid year more likely than not, you'll be offered a spot to B Eco (whatever really, 94.xx is high enough it seems atm). I say this on the basis, since the commerce faculty at UNSW takes the greater of the uni marks or uai. In your case your uai.

I guess you could of paid the late fee to late rounds, maybe that's to late now also.

Well, have a long think about it (since applications for mid-year aren't opening for a while) and determine what you really want, if that be eco/design/whatever. Just saying this, because if you transfer, get in, then hate the course, you more than likely (without yourself knowing it) sabotage yourself when doing the course (that is, you'll get lazy and lazy and just scrape through (if at all) with passes)

Well, words for thought.

Re-iterating
1. Think/Ponder
2. Discuss your ideas
3. Decide
4. Keep with your decision

Cheers

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
crazylilmonkee said:
ITs been ages since I posted so err.. here goes...
ok so i got 94.45 in 2003 HSC and went and did B Eco at UNSW. My brain kinda died and i bludged through the year. My WAM ended up being just below 60 and I successfully transferred to B Design at COFA, which was awesome. It kinda went downhill in session 2 cos it sucked anus and well here i am thinkin of droppin out. My friend Hitler (cant remember his name on BOS) reckons I should finish B Eco but my Design wam was only 62 or just under. Totally screwed. What are my chances peeps.. I am sooo lost. I missed the main round applications and even if i just worked full time till mid year intakes im not sure what my chances are cos i think my UAI becomes completely irrelevant. so much for studying my ass off.. all my fault.. ideas? greatly appreciated!! =D
To calculate your chances of transferring we need to know all your university subject results, so that we can know your grade point average. Or if you know how to calculate your GPA, then provide us with that. Your WAM is not the number that is taken into account.

On the face of it, things don't look good.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What are the reasons for finishing the B Eco rather than the B Design?

crazylilmonkee

HSC
AsyLum said:
What are the reasons for finishing the B Eco rather than the B Design?
haha ya... very good question... wells.. i really wanted to be a designer and some of u prob know me and i was kinda like do wat u love who cares bout money but now having studied a couple different things and experienced a bit more i guess has made me think more about money and employment opportunities and also with the crazy freaks that go to cofa.. has gotten me stressed out bout the course in which i have 3 more years at... (which i will prob end up doing another year of and eventually finish)
i decided i wanted to be able to get a job and combined the things i liked to come up with a bit more a realistic solution and decided on finishing my marketing degree which i was doin under eco. completely hated eco and had plans if things worked out to do commerce which was my original first pref back in 2003. wow i feel old. so yeah.. thats the reason.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Omg I Got Back Into Unsw
This Time Its B Commerce!
No More Fucking Eco!
Wooooooooooo!!

ace

is retired
HSC
you applied in time for late round eh. good for you

my parting words "stick to a fucking degree" hehe

(In light of the situation, I feel I can share in some cursing with a fellow monkee)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
ace said:
my parting words "stick to a fucking degree" hehe

(In light of the situation, I feel I can share in some cursing with a fellow monkee)

hehe yes yes

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Congrats, now stay there this time :p

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)