Screwed for Umat, plz help!! (1 Viewer)

msomana

HSC
Please, quote anything except the icarus website, because dallas, or you for that matter, can put anything you damn well like on there.

freshair - I've been telling people they can get the same stuff out of what you recommended for AGES. Good on you.

freshair

HSC
N/A
Marinababy said:
what criticism should i face?? I dont work for dallas... and i wont.. ever in my life. so i dont need to listen to the criticism. I am not arguing anything, and so i dont need a rebuttal from icarus. the so-called valid points of yours pay no resemblance to what i said. Who sued whom is none of my business, and that wasnt what i was talking about. i was talking about the material, which is rubbish and rubbish it stays.
That was my experience, as i headed into the umat with icarus material, so i know better....
I have a full right to share my experience, and i wish to share this information with everyone. To listen to any of my experiences is the readers' wish.

msomana - Thank Youu.. atleast you made me feel welcome :)

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Your point is clear and you and the world and myself can hate him all the way through med school like so many of his former students i have spoken to WHO ARE STUDYING MED - game -set -match
i guess slagging a person publicly really contributes to a forum - hmm - and helps a lot of people into med - good grief - sad if not tragic

M

freshair said:
what criticism should i face?? I dont work for dallas... and i wont.. ever in my life. so i dont need to listen to the criticism. I am not arguing anything, and so i dont need a rebuttal from icarus. the so-called valid points of yours pay no resemblance to what i said. Who sued whom is none of my business, and that wasnt what i was talking about. i was talking about the material, which is rubbish and rubbish it stays.
That was my experience, as i headed into the umat with icarus material, so i know better....
I have a full right to share my experience, and i wish to share this information with everyone. To listen to any of my experiences is the readers' wish.

msomana - Thank Youu.. atleast you made me feel welcome :)

msomana

HSC
As does advertising overpriced materials that are equivalent to something that can be found in a bookstore...

I do not personally hate Dallas. He was actually quite a friendly person, though some of my friends have told me they did not like the experience.

I was damn bored in that clinic.

However, I definitely believe that his (and most other prep course) materials are
a. no different to any other prep course materials,
b. no different to things you can find in a bookstore, and
c. highly overpriced.

If you could get the equivalent materials, legally I might add, from a bookstore (or if you can't be bothered getting up, from amazon.com) or even from websites like Tickle, I doubt anyone would buy any prep course materials.
Unless of course, you don't know that it's the same.

IN ADDITION,
the vast majority of people in medicine do not do a prep course - meaning, they didn't do icarus, they didn't do medentry, they didn't do amepp, whatever... They made it without, because they can get the same stuff for much, much cheaper.

And I do recall Marinababy posting stuff that was "lies" from the icarus website to do with Medentry putting false advertising (from the Australian Dental Association, etc), and I do not doubt the veracity of that claim.

What I do doubt though is the false advertising on the front of the ICARUS website for all to see. Quoting the front page:

The successful choice of 8/10 students who actually Get In to Medicine and Dentistry! Join the winners right now and make your dream ours. Make your safe choice count.

8/10 students?? No way. Less than one third of all medical students did a prep course to get in. Why? Because it wasn't necessary, because the same materials are out there for less than 1/5 of the price.

How about this other piece of false advertising:

International students will be eligible to apply for registration as an overseas-trained doctor in their own country (Australia/NZ), UK, USA

This would have to be the third time at least I've quoted this and still Marinababy's best response is "the press overstepped the mark"... because she can't argue with the AMA's stance on VCM - that the MBBS degree offered there DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO APPLY BACK TO AUSTRALIA TO PRACTICE.

perhaps we should combine the two statements and it might be true:

The successful choice of 8/10 students who actually Get In to Medicine

AT

Vanuatu College of Medicine!

Now that sounds about right.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi Msomana - take your points - i have the somel files (stamp out medentry lies) at last and have the rpoof of where over 500 medentry questions weere copied from - i think the court case will flush them down the toilet fro ripping off so many students with thes esupposedly higly researched questions riopped from govt websites and other american textbooks - cant wait to see them exposed as i was always in doubt until i had seen heaps of irrefutable proof - wish i could show you but have to wait until judgement is given - the mighty medentry scam will stun many i feel

M

msomana said:
As does advertising overpriced materials that are equivalent to something that can be found in a bookstore...

I do not personally hate Dallas. He was actually quite a friendly person, though some of my friends have told me they did not like the experience.

If you could get the equivalent materials, legally I might add, from a bookstore (or if you can't be bothered getting up, from amazon.com) or even from websites like Tickle, I doubt anyone would buy any prep course materials.
Unless of course, you don't know that it's the same.

IN ADDITION,
the vast majority of people in medicine do not do a prep course - meaning, they didn't do icarus, they didn't do medentry, they didn't do amepp, whatever... They made it without, because they can get the same stuff for much, much cheaper.

And I do recall Marinababy posting stuff that was "lies" from the icarus website to do with Medentry putting false advertising (from the Australian Dental Association, etc), and I do not doubt the veracity of that claim.

Last edited by a moderator:

msomana

HSC
... and still, Icarus College continues to advertise VCM, and still Icarus College continues to claim that 8/10 medical students did their course.

Sure, I'm all for stamping out MedEntry's lies, that's good. I'm also for stamping out Icarus's, just as much.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Heaps of missed entry students at the sydney icarus weekend clinic msomana - we all lurved it - mr d did it himself - hes a goer - ahahahaha

M

msomana said:
... and still, Icarus College continues to advertise VCM, and still Icarus College continues to claim that 8/10 medical students did their course.

Sure, I'm all for stamping out MedEntry's lies, that's good. I.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Sorry bacilli - why do you hang around here my - missed entry stooge - werent you supposed to banned for your foul mouth as i recall from reading earlier posts - hmmmm - i wonder what prevaricator means - i hope i spelt it ok - aha - I'm all for stamping out MedEntry's lies as well - i hate being conned out of one dollar by >>>>>>>>>>>>>> i will fill this in at a later time

M
Bacilli said:

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I hang around here to prevent people such as yourself, and your family, from ripping off young HSC students.
Nope, I have never been banned from BoS.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Marinababy said:
Sorry bacilli - why do you hang around here my - missed entry stooge - werent you supposed to banned for your foul mouth as i recall from reading earlier posts - hmmmm - i wonder what prevaricator means - i hope i spelt it ok - aha - I'm all for stamping out MedEntry's lies as well - i hate being conned out of one dollar by >>>>>>>>>>>>>> i will fill this in at a later time
Oh man this is hilarious. Sounds to me like someone is spreading discord and telling lies to discredit people.

Marina, maybe if you are trying to prove a point about certain prep courses using underhanded and deceptive methods, you should not do the same.

Your statements are ridiculously hypocritical.

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Also, I just thought this warranted posting on all of these prep course thread that has been hijacked by certain members:

Wooz said:
I'am questioning the credibility of those who post on this forum, esp those new memebers with a low post count...esp when 4 members have the same I.P.
Like I said, guess its not just "missed entry" that is being deceptive...

Last edited:

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Good point - so bacilli please nick off and enough discord

M

kloudsurfer said:
Oh man this is hilarious. Sounds to me like someone is spreading discord and telling lies to discredit people.

Marina, maybe if you are trying to prove a point about certain prep courses using underhanded and deceptive methods, you should not do the same.

Your statements are ridiculously hypocritical.

boris

Banned
HSC
Man, this Marinababy is either trolling you guys to the max, or is completely batshit insane.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Ay boris - we love you and want to live with you in the carpathian mountains forever - aaaaaaaaah - dont lean too far or ill bite your neck - dont mention bats or i become uncontrollable like my friend basilly who drank too much bats blood - thats what we told him but the blood was coloured yellow

M

boris said:
Man, this Marinababy is either trolling you guys to the max, or is completely batshit insane.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

boris

Banned
HSC
Marinababy said:
Ay boris - we love you and want to live with you in the carpathian mountains forever - aaaaaaaaah - dont lean too far or ill bite your neck - dont mention bats or i become uncontrollable like my friend basilly who drank too much bats blood - thats what we told him but the blood was coloured yellow

M
Suspicion confirmed.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Im still going with my initial idea that Marina is actually Dallas himself.
Yeah, i've sent Marinababy a warning for defamation, advertising(which is banned), useless, senseless posts and spamming.

Also Dallas has gone underground again and he's had two summons for court for his appearance and bankruptcy. http://esearch.fedcourt.gov.au/Esearch?p=further_details&det=coa_detail&mat_id=3527846

Also please produce these elusive 'SOMEL files', you cannot be sued for revealling copyright infrindgement.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Woozy - missed entry stooge - read my posts hes very alive and well - i was at his sydney clinic - hes too gutsy and i dont reckon a summons to shut him up will do any good - he ahtes people ripping off students and it says on his website that he has won all 7 motions - interesting - he posted this and i have checked one source - surprise surprise - this is checkable so i guess we wait for results hey - http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp
if i am wrong you get an apology so we wait

M

Wooz said:
Yeah, i've sent Marinababy a warning for defamation, advertising(which is banned), useless, senseless posts and spamming.

Also Dallas has gone underground again and he's had two summons for court for his appearance and bankruptcy. http://esearch.fedcourt.gov.au/Esearch?p=further_details&det=coa_detail&mat_id=3527846

Also please produce these elusive 'SOMEL files', you cannot be sued for revealling copyright infrindgement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)