Sdd 2012 cssa (1 Viewer)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys! Who's prepped for the trials for SDD tomorrow? I don't like how they base majority of the test on algorithms, however, it might be different this year because of the syllabus change...but only slight amendments.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It will give you a good taste of the new format. Let me know how it goes. Our teacher is making our trials. Hopefully you guys won't get a dodgy 6 marker.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
CSSA SDD trials often have the strangest multiple choice questions lol. Good luck everyone!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
CSSA SDD trials often have the strangest multiple choice questions lol. Good luck everyone!
Even more dodgier short answer questions from 2001-2003...They use to have 8 markers. Haha.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
AND also I'm clearly a noob, how do we get the little personalised signatures on the bottom of our comments?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Even more dodgier short answer questions from 2001-2003...They use to have 8 markers. Haha.
Lol, some CSSA mc questions are just horrible though. Some questions are just odd or a clear answer isnt obvious. I had a look through some last year with a few friends and that's what we thought atleast, our teacher wasn't a fan of them either and never made us sit a whole CSSA paper lol. Have the exam writers finally realised that you actually don't have to know assembly language as part of the SDD syllabus =P

Also doesn't 2012 only have slight amendments to the syllabus - mostly like reordering, renaming and making stuff more clear. I thought the actual changed exam format was introduced with last years HSC?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lol, some CSSA mc questions are just horrible though. Some questions are just odd or a clear answer isnt obvious. I had a look through some last year with a few friends and that's what we thought atleast, our teacher wasn't a fan of them either and never made us sit a whole CSSA paper lol. Have the exam writers finally realised that you actually don't have to know assembly language as part of the SDD syllabus =P

Also doesn't 2012 only have slight amendments to the syllabus - mostly like reordering, renaming and making stuff more clear. I thought the actual changed exam format was introduced with last years HSC?
Yes. It is just re-ordering and renaming of headings to make content more clear.

I read a whole article on assembly languages. Looks boring haha

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad

Oh, I didn't mean change to the exam format. Just changes in the content that will be questioned, but probably not... it will probably by 'Question 1: 'Define cloud technology (1)'.... then they'll troll us and spam with algorithms -___-

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes. It is just re-ordering and renaming of headings to make content more clear.

I read a whole article on assembly languages. Looks boring haha
Lol there was a time when one of the trial paper companies (i think CSSA) used to ask questions presuming you had been taught a bit about writing/interpreting assembly language, just a few simple operations but still completely irrelevant.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh, I didn't mean change to the exam format. Just changes in the content that will be questioned, but probably not... it will probably by 'Question 1: 'Define cloud technology (1)'.... then they'll troll us and spam with algorithms -___-
Haha.

There has been a noticeable shift in a sense that algorithms are not as abundant as they use to be. It is clear that CSSA exams are trying to mimic the HSC ones by cutting down algorithms.

The only physical thing they have added (from the top of my head, there may be more) is in the option topic "The interrelationship between hardware and software" with the addition of unicode and Boolean algebra.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha.

There has been a noticeable shift in a sense that algorithms are not as abundant as they use to be. It is clear that CSSA exams are trying to mimic the HSC ones by cutting down algorithms.

The only physical thing they have added (from the top of my head, there may be more) is in the option topic "The interrelationship between hardware and software" with the addition of unicode and Boolean algebra.
Well thats a sigh of relief :D BTW What did you guys do for your majors? Im curious, because our group got away with a crappy little flashcard maker and managed to get 62/65 haha.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lol i'd say it's likely CSSA trials will test stuff that's been changed, in the hsc probably not. I remember being trolled in the 2009 computing skills sc with a bunch of random ethics and social networking questions haha.

Haha.

What do you do with Boolean algebra exactly? Is it just stuff with truth tables?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Well thats a sigh of relief :D BTW What did you guys do for your majors? Im curious, because our group got away with a crappy little flashcard maker and managed to get 62/65 haha.
I think the focus is on the documentation rather than your project. We had two minor projects haha. The teacher told us to make something simple.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lol i'd say it's likely CSSA trials will test stuff that's been changed, in the hsc probably not. I remember being trolled in the 2009 computing skills sc with a bunch of random ethics and social networking questions haha.

What do you do with Boolean algebra exactly? Is it just stuff with truth tables?
Yes. An application of Boolean algebra is converting truth table values into logic gates or logic gates into a yet simplified logic gates. I thought it should have been in the syllabus the first place. One of the past trial papers, before Boolean algebra was introduced, gave you a large truth table in which you have to convert into logic gates. Which is quite horrific...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes. An application of Boolean algebra is converting a truth table value into a logic gate or a logic gate into a yet simplified logic gate. I thought it should have been in the syllabus the first place. One of the past trial papers, before Boolean algebra was introduced, gave you a large truth table in which you have to convert into a logic gate. Which is quite horrific...
Yeah it really should have been lol, my teacher taught us all that stuff anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)