• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SDD Final Stretch (4 Viewers)

mellysmelly

HSC
not me, idek what each of the sort does
Insertion Sort
  • Used when a large part of the data is already sorted
  • During each pass the last element from the unsorted part is inserted into the appropriate place in the sorted part of the array
  • A linear search is conducted to find the correct place to insert
  • As each sorted element is checked it is moved to the left/right to make room for the new elements
  • At each pass the sorted section of the array increases by 1
  • Process continues until the unsorted section = 0
[IMG alt="A picture containing bird

Description automatically generated"]https://lh7-rt.googleusercontent.co...d1tQc9LjDLs8?key=2Iw8s10gNDfiG5RQCYHfyw[/IMG]

Selection Sort
  • During each pass a linear search is performed
  • A marker is placed at the first cell in the array and then search through the array from that position onwards looking for the smallest value
  • When the smallest value is found, it is swapped with the marker’s cell value. This naturally places the smallest value at the front of the array
  • The next step is to increment the marker to the next cell and repeat the process. When the marker reaches the last cell, the array is sorted.
  • procedure selection sort
swap procedure would include temp valueScreenshot 2024-10-22 at 9.11.45 am.png

Bubble Sort
  • popular amongst novice programmers
  • main logical structure is based on traversing an array and switching adjacent pairs of values that are not in the correct order
  • after one travers the largest value will have ‘bubbled’ to the end of the array. This is repeated until all values are in the correct cells
BEGIN bubbleSort with numbers
Set index to first index of numbers +1

WHILE index <= last index of numbers

IF numbers[index –1] > numbers[index] THEN

Swap(numbers[index –1] and numbers[index])
ENDIF

Increment index

ENDWHILE

END

igor9

HSC
let's lock in then, i'm not gonna check this forum again until after the exam to lock in, so I wish u all luck 🙏

keyboardsmash

HSC
i wish you all good luck in the software exam. i need to lock in for the next 2-3 hours and hope the knowledge about my optional topic is stuck in my head. band 5 please oh please
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Demons

Goated Member
HSC
When it asks for like TWO examples is there any downside to giving 3?
no just wasting your own time, which you could've used to improve some of your other responses. NESA says that they don't mark people down for going over as they said that "The students who go over the expected writing time and length, penalise themselves by reducing their time for other sections".

keyboardsmash

HSC
no just wasting your own time, which you could've used to improve some of your other responses. NESA says that they don't mark people down for going over as they said that "The students who go over the expected writing time and length, penalise themselves by reducing their time for other sections".
it honestly depends though. like you mightve actually written 2 valid examples out of 3, therefore still achieving full marks for that question.

keyboardsmash

HSC
the exam wasn't actually that bad as i thought it would be. sadly could not do much of section 3 of interrelationship between hardware and software, and i guarantee you my algorithms were not valid (but i can still get marks for attempting, I'd say i did some good attempts) but tried my best. hoping for 70-80? 🤞🤞

Demons

Goated Member
HSC
would you reckon the test was easy? or like moderate difficulty, some questions were worded weird but they weren't hard to understand.

I really hope aligning this year is alright, so maybe a lower cut off around 85 for b6, if the test was worded wack? idk though I found the test alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)