SDD Study (1 Viewer)

Shazer2

HSC
What do you guys suggest as being the best approach to studying SDD? I've never studied it, and needed some insight. Should I just cover all the syllabus dot-points for things I'm unsure of?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
nail each dot point and then nail all the question x's for each year and then nail all the question y's

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
I've got no idea how I achieved 95/100 for my externals for SDD without really taking it seriously... but in the days leading up (cramming), I wrote extremely brief notes from the Davis textbook, then did a bunch of past papers, making sure I looked at marking guidelines and sample responses. And perhaps trying to provide responses better than the sample ones.

For studying in general, I'd probably do something similar; write notes with the syllabus as a guide, and make sure I'd practise applying the knowledge on questions from textbooks or shortening notes further.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I've got no idea how I achieved 95/100 for my externals for SDD without really taking it seriously... but in the days leading up (cramming), I wrote extremely brief notes from the Davis textbook, then did a bunch of past papers, making sure I looked at marking guidelines and sample responses. And perhaps trying to provide responses better than the sample ones.

For studying in general, I'd probably do something similar; write notes with the syllabus as a guide, and make sure I'd practise applying the knowledge on questions from textbooks or shortening notes further.
The missing ingredient that Shazer will need.

Shazer2

HSC
Good study environment that is clean, mini goals, reward. =]
I don't actually know what I'm doing when I study. Yesterday I just wrote notes on just about everything I've covered in SDD, but what do I do when I "study" them?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I don't actually know what I'm doing when I study. Yesterday I just wrote notes on just about everything I've covered in SDD, but what do I do when I "study" them?
You need a more structured approach (accidental pun). You should use the syllabus in conjunction with the textbook. Break it down into chapters. Maybe learn 1 chapter in detail per week.

Shazer2

HSC
You need a more structured approach (accidental pun). You should use the syllabus in conjunction with the textbook. Break it down into chapters. Maybe learn 1 chapter in detail per week.
Haha. I only have a bit over a week till exams.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Thanks mate!!!

Shazer2

HSC
I think I should just get these exams out of the way, then put a lot more effort in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)