Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

kayric

HSC
Also I pity the poor marker that has to decipher my handwriting

HSC
Far out........the worst one was text one......seriously wtf. I think i managed to fudge the Papa one......and the last text was literally littered with metaphors and similes lol......

cookeemonstah

HSC
what did u have to write for 1 b) to get the 2 marks?
1 quote, technique + explanation

you just use cumulative listing to show that their connection withstands blah blah,

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Far out........the worst one was text one......seriously wtf. I think i managed to fudge the Papa one......and the last text was literally littered with metaphors and similes lol......
Yes :). The sound of the cars was the sound of wasps coming towards you.

MK888

HSC
Misinterpreted the poem, whoops. Hopefully it doesn't matter too much, I did write something down for the 2 marker about their relationship and didn't use it for the 5 marker so lets hope it goes okay :)
Despite doing it first and spending the most time on it feel like I stuffed this section up quite badly just in general but what can ya do.

allly123

HSC
I struggled in Section I.
Some of the extracts were really confusing. Especially the one about Berlin and.. hometown.

What did everyone write for the essay bit? Specifically what was your thesis and ideas?

rekura

HSC
well i forgot to finish c) accidentally when i ran out of time LOL, the third extract seemed kinda off to me anyway...

lolcakes52

HSC
The third was basically that the significance of belonging increased with time. The thirteen year old only needed a name to belong too. As he grew the absence of a place to belong too became more significant, as it symbolised a "rapture" in his past and "profoundly disturbed" him.

wavess

HSC
Thank god I had gone through the answers from last years paper on how to answer these type of questions, it actually helped me

FezsAreCool

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS)

anyone notice PAPA in the extract,

haha brought back fond memories of SC 2010 xD
Yes! I noticed that too and couldn't stop thinking about boats so I had to read the stimulus again!
-
I did not enjoy Section I as much as Section III and Section II was just ridiculous... I hate creative.

Rawf

HSC
I thought papa meant dad. But at the start he called him grandfather so I was like wtf..

Jawa

HSC
I really excelled in this section, found it pretty easy to identify techniques and get to the points. Probably the hardest question was the first one, I was dumbfounded for a second...

Riaa

HSC
Personally, I didn't like section 1 at all. For me, it was quite demanding and was harder than the Catholic Trials. The poem was way weird, I seriously didn't know how to feel after reading it. I did like, however, the nonfiction extract and memoir extracts.

I spent a good 50mins in this section so it better have resulted in a 15/15! (Note to self: Change batteries in my wristwatch..).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)