HSC
Uni Grad
How did you go in section 1?

What did you think of the texts?

Share your thoughts here.

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
They had a different structure this year (3/3/3/6) and the 6 marker only asked for ONE text. Probably would have tripped up a few people.

iStudent

HSC
Pretty glad that all the questions were "how" questions. In the end all you have to do is find techniques :D

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Got a little thrown off from the last question, didn't really know how to pull 6 marks out of a single text. I used text 2 for the 6 mark question, my first paragraph was based around how the persona is disconnected from her birthplace , yet connected to Fitzroy, seeing it as "where she really grew up", whilst my second paragraph was based around the contrasting perspectives of the persona and her mother in hand with the rainbow houses, they both see it differently hence the relationship being internally complex with only people holding the connection truly understanding

Stimulus 1 was quite straightforward, Stimulus 2 i liked, Stimulus 3 can die in a hole

For the 6 marker, did anyone else use Stimulus 2? Or did i make a terrible decision

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
3/3/3/6 killed me brah
I know right lol that was so bad. Had to have hard core analysis for all the questions :( I didn't even get text 3 lol wtf was it about..

Text 1's article thing was similar to one of strawberrye's texts!!

90atarpls

HSC
gg i wrote about 2 texts in the 6 marker
i couldnt fill out 6 marks, lets hope they choose the better 1!!

cintaurus

HSC
I did stimulus 2 as well, Text 1 I didn't think I'd find enough techniques to write about, and text 3 I was just like wth is going on? so i settled for text 2, it was quite a nice piece to read actually! But wonder why they didn't chuck a poem in this year as usual instead all 3 long texts :S

QZP

HSC
How much did you do people write for 6 marker

QZP

HSC
The hell... I wrote about 1.8 pages :( GG ME

dim-sims

HSC
How much did you do people write for 6 marker
I wrote about 1 & 1/4 pages on it and wrote about a page for each 3 marker. I went with text one for some reason which was a terrible idea.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Same.
I had 2 body paragraphs
One on place. Other on relationships.
Both had 4 quotes techniques each
Ohh thank god! I was worried coz I wasn't sure if place and relationships was right or something haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)