Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
I didn't get the post-modern hypermediation in text 1

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Got a little thrown off from the last question, didn't really know how to pull 6 marks out of a single text. I used text 2 for the 6 mark question, my first paragraph was based around how the persona is disconnected from her birthplace , yet connected to Fitzroy, seeing it as "where she really grew up", whilst my second paragraph was based around the contrasting perspectives of the persona and her mother in hand with the rainbow houses, they both see it differently hence the relationship being internally complex with only people holding the connection truly understanding

Stimulus 1 was quite straightforward, Stimulus 2 i liked, Stimulus 3 can die in a hole

For the 6 marker, did anyone else use Stimulus 2? Or did i make a terrible decision
Lel, I used Stimulus one. gg.

hungry

HSC
Was pretty confident for s1 then as I walked out of the exam room realised I wrote "juxtaposition" for the 'Alone Together' thing... where oxymoron would have made more sense.. :'(

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone remind about what Stimulus 3 was about? I literally forgot, that's how boring it was. Overall, great paper, screwed up on the creative.

Triage

HSC
N/A
Was pretty confident for s1 then as I walked out of the exam room realised I wrote "juxtaposition" for the 'Alone Together' thing... where oxymoron would have made more sense.. :'(
"alone together" = oxymoron

"more...less," = juxtaposition

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
You wrote something at least...

Triage

HSC
N/A
I found that this section 1 was more technique driven that it has been in the past.

Explain how...
how does...
explore how...
analyse how...

How do composers do anything? through use of form and technique.

Hi there444

HSC
I didn't understand the first text. But all I could see was imagery everywhere. I bulshitted so much for the 6 marker. If I can get > 11/15. I will be happy

Hi there444

HSC
Got a little thrown off from the last question, didn't really know how to pull 6 marks out of a single text. I used text 2 for the 6 mark question, my first paragraph was based around how the persona is disconnected from her birthplace , yet connected to Fitzroy, seeing it as "where she really grew up", whilst my second paragraph was based around the contrasting perspectives of the persona and her mother in hand with the rainbow houses, they both see it differently hence the relationship being internally complex with only people holding the connection truly understanding

Stimulus 1 was quite straightforward, Stimulus 2 i liked, Stimulus 3 can die in a hole

For the 6 marker, did anyone else use Stimulus 2? Or did i make a terrible decision
Mostly everyone. No one could be bothered to read the first one cos after all the first part of q1 was that how did the book cover.....

Triage

HSC
N/A
It was also annoying that the specified one related text of your own choosing

I had an essay prepared with one of my teachers choosing lol.

fatima96

HSC
Omg i made a mistake in the six marker :( i wrote text two but was actually talking about text 1. I made it obvious i was talking about text 1 tho. Wthhhhh im so stupid :(

Triage

HSC
N/A
Paradox should work... because how can you be alone together? its paradoxical lol
oxymoron works too
Yeah I thought about this as well when I saw it. It is perfectly fine, I just don't think that paradox is a formal technique.

Zoeyyy

HSC
Uni Grad

I completely agree. I hated the 3rd stimulus!!!
For the 6 marker I used to first stimulus. But don't worry they made the question to be answered with any
of the given texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)