Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

sleepyair

HSC
Oh God. Guys for Question 1 - how we had to answer the question about the book cover - did we have to use the image ONLY for a source of techniques? Or could we have included quotes from the text as well?

sleepyair

HSC
I thought a book cover included the text as well, how it is like a review. Am I really this stupid

mreditor16

HSC
Oh God. Guys for Question 1 - how we had to answer the question about the book cover - did we have to use the image ONLY for a source of techniques? Or could we have included quotes from the text as well?
you can quote from the text, but the substance has to be from the book cover :)

Sambam429

HSC
For the 6 marker did 2 body paragraphs but i talked about relationships and communities or whatever in the same body paragraphs I divided it up by belonging and not belonging

britaker

HSC
you can quote from the text, but the substance has to be from the book cover :)
Kind of talked about both, but talked about how the image extended, embodied, etc. the meaning found within the text? The substance of mine was still the image however.

mreditor16

HSC
Kind of talked about both, but talked about how the image extended, embodied, etc. the meaning found within the text? The substance of mine was still the image however.
that's fine :)

EDIT - in fact, probably what the markers are looking for :)

sabz1996

HSC
This is what you were supposed to do, I think because the question did ask "how does the visual REINFORCE the issues presented in the article" or something like that so yeah. I did this too

sabz1996

HSC
For the six marker, I used text three and spoke about the complexity of his connection to the community being that he could belong to the place but not the people, i.e. they labelled him as a foreigner etc. Then spoke about the barrier being that he speaks another language and has a thick accent but still desires to belong to the community.

I forgot how I made sense of this, lol.

Constantine

HSC
I actually liked the structure they gave us, except I think I rambled too much for the six marker... literally wrote like 2 whole writing booklets without any paragraphs. I think it was too repetitive too... :((

And I used Text One OMG DID NO ONE USE TEXT ONE :(
I also used text one! :)

Just a question about the 6 marker though. I used text one for it as well and for the FIRST QUESTION it specified BOOK COVER so I only used visual techniques. However the last question - worth six marks - obviously requires more detail and they didn't specify book cover so I also used stuff from the extract. This is alright yeah?

Damn it got removed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)