Section 1 (1 Viewer)

smegs05

HSC
seriously, people shouldnt be predicting their marks like "oh i reckon i got 13/15", how the fuk do u know??? u could have completely misunderstood the question and got 4/15...

Nekromantix

HSC
"photographers and nomads are alike because they both don't wear shoes"

~ i think that pretty much sums up the whole experience for me today, and now im not sure if even TAFE will take me lol... it was re-god-damn-diculous!!:bomb:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Triangulum said:
Others saw it as her growing bored with her mundane existence, symbolised by the boring sheep.
Yep. That's how I saw it :)

The vibrance and vivd imagery and excitement created through the use of enjambent for example wasn't seen in the final stanza. The final stanza seemed as though the persona wanted to escape the monotonous and vapid life that she was living in order to experience those new things.

The landscape question was tough at first, but with some articulated BS and some thought afterwards I think I did pretty well in it.

Overall it was a fairly decent paper. Section One probably would have messed up a lot of people though. The photographer text (Text One) was ambiguous (in terms of the actual visual stimuli provided) yet I still used it for the final 5 marker- that and the poem.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
smegs05 said:
seriously, people shouldnt be predicting their marks like "oh i reckon i got 13/15", how the fuk do u know??? u could have completely misunderstood the question and got 4/15...
I concur!!

The funny thing though, is that we will never actually find out what marks we got for it. Just do your bloody best and that's all that matters! :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
wm_abusef said:
Yep. That's how I saw it :)

The vibrance and vivd imagery and excitement created through the use of enjambent for example wasn't seen in the final stanza. The final stanza seemed as though the persona wanted to escape the monotonous and vapid life that she was living in order to experience those new things.

The landscape question was tough at first, but with some articulated BS and some thought afterwards I think I did pretty well in it.

Overall it was a fairly decent paper. Section One probably would have messed up a lot of people though. The photographer text (Text One) was ambiguous (in terms of the actual visual stimuli provided) yet I still used it for the final 5 marker- that and the poem.
admirable effort.

also i didnt like this. was the 2nd one an imaginative or physical [sorry i havent botherd to go read through as im on dialup - itd take way too long]

Red-Wine-&-Joni

HSC
The Logical One said:
me being the retard I am didn't realise that WANDERLUST was written in 3RD PERSON untill it was too late to change which had the personal representation of Journey.
But you can still say it emphasises the personal nature of a journey through the way the imagery and use of "She" and the pronoun "I" in the epigram at the start.

xx__savannah

HSC
Nekromantix said:
"photographers and nomads are alike because they both don't wear shoes"

~ i think that pretty much sums up the whole experience for me today, and now im not sure if even TAFE will take me lol... it was re-god-damn-diculous!!:bomb:
Well, it did look like a shoe next to that photographer in the last pic.....

Hm, for the landscapes question I juxtaposed the author's "not what I expected" idea of a cave to Sheridan's (that's a bloke's name, by the way?) and how journeys often surprise us and cause us to rethink old ideas in new ways to understand the way the world really works. I couldn't find anything so I made it all up.

I was close to comparing it to 'Cloudstreet' due to lack of inverted commas, that's how desperate I was to trying to find something to write about there.

Last edited:

Dr_Doom

HSC
Damn! I described escarpment as escaping away from society!

Wakely

HSC
I found this section really hard at first, but after reading it through for most of the 10 mins I began to realise the meanings. I dont know whether I interpreted the question about landscape properly or if I analysed the poem with as much detail as was needed, but in general, it was ok.
I'm just sooo glad its over!
2 down, 5 to go!!!

pist_pete

HSC
IT WAS SO GOD DAMN HARD, SIGNIFICANCE OF THE LANDSCAPE?!?!?! SIGNIFICANCE OF THE LAST STANZA ?!?!?!?!? omg...gonna fail....

meteorangela

HSC
The last question kind of stumped me.. i didn't know if i wrote about what i was supposed to..
also, i didn't like the landscape person, that was hard for me.

ane_st

HSC
I agree, that was the biggest bunch of bullshit.. That was the section i did first and i was like wtf!!!

It was a crappy section.. The worst paper1 they've done...

Let's get over it and head to paper2, maybe that's luckier!!

s2indie

HSC
I understood the poem which was good. I probably screwed up more in the prose extract.

And part (e)... SCREWED. :(

Maltesers

HSC
the prose extract - i sat there thinking, and nothing much came to mind =|

luckily, i knew what nomads were .. history lessons back in junior years finally helped out =P

cooki

HSC
Ok Question 1...this is a brief overview but the main ideas are still there...

for choosing one photograph i chose the great wall of china as alluding to exotic asian cultures and showing like wordly experience blah blah travelling to the corners and "Wandering the earth"

For text 2, significance of landscape was that it made the composer realise what made the cave at home, like the fusion of man-made and natural products in the surroudning landscape of the cave reinforced what kind of home it is, for the cave mimicked this style. so he had to override the mental obstacle of his initial perception, which is why the description of the landscapes were significant as they detailed this personal change in him (links to personal nature of journeys)

text 3 -> the last stanza was significant because it shows how the girls feels at home, shows that her desire of wanting to travel and dance to jazz music, yada yada yada, for example her senses are not being enacted on as strongly in the last stanza and also the simile "remote and alien cold as snow leopards" which works on two levels, the first being that the ewes in her "home paddock" were alien to her showing that she feels unfaimilar in her own home but at the same time, the "snow leopards" are also unfamiliar to her because she wants to travel but is instead sitting at home, reading the travel stories of richard halliburton.

(F) the last question was just analysis and was therefore easy, thank god they didnt ask for evaluation. i just crapped on about the contrasting images in text three, with the bringing together of binary opposites such as the images of sand (pharaohs..gold dust) instantly contrasted agains the snow, symbolise the bringing together of the extremes of human existence showing her lack of contentment at this point of the journey, coz you cant exactly have both at once...and also the allusions to ancient egyptian culture "pharaohs bones" symbolic of the unknown, neways as you can see they all make up aspects of the journey

so i think i went fine...

creative task though hmm...

i did my imaginary journeys essay about speculation in the first place, which i memorised so yay...

i hope i do ok

daiseydai

HSC
cooki said:
.... and blah blah blah blah
you went into specific detail. i think that's good. you're going to do well. most people's will make very obvious and generalised comments.

congrats.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
This year was very hard compared to last year's.........

whats a nomad?
what was in that final stanza?
what was that story on about with the cave?

I screwed it :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
cooki said:

for choosing one photograph i chose the great wall of china as alluding to exotic asian cultures and showing like wordly experience blah blah travelling to the corners and "Wandering the earth"

For text 2, significance of landscape was that it made the composer realise what made the cave at home, like the fusion of man-made and natural products in the surroudning landscape of the cave reinforced what kind of home it is, for the cave mimicked this style. so he had to override the mental obstacle of his initial perception, which is why the description of the landscapes were significant as they detailed this personal change in him (links to personal nature of journeys)

text 3 -> the last stanza was significant because it shows how the girls feels at home, shows that her desire of wanting to travel and dance to jazz music, yada yada yada, for example her senses are not being enacted on as strongly in the last stanza and also the simile "remote and alien cold as snow leopards" which works on two levels, the first being that the ewes in her "home paddock" were alien to her showing that she feels unfaimilar in her own home but at the same time, the "snow leopards" are also unfamiliar to her because she wants to travel but is instead sitting at home, reading the travel stories of richard halliburton.

(F) the last question was just analysis and was therefore easy, thank god they didnt ask for evaluation. i just crapped on about the contrasting images in text three, with the bringing together of binary opposites such as the images of sand (pharaohs..gold dust) instantly contrasted agains the snow, symbolise the bringing together of the extremes of human existence showing her lack of contentment at this point of the journey, coz you cant exactly have both at once...and also the allusions to ancient egyptian culture "pharaohs bones" symbolic of the unknown, neways as you can see they all make up aspects of the journey

so i think i went fine...

creative task though hmm...

i did my imaginary journeys essay about speculation in the first place, which i memorised so yay...

i hope i do ok
I think i related poem two to the responder. I wrote that the landscape allows one to see the elements that are embodied in the journey, which consequently will inspire one's life. Example: to write etc.. Don't know if it's right :(

MUR0031

Papa- Smurph
HSC
Although some sections seemed super hard, I think it's really important that you had good evidence for whatever you said about the journey (techniques, techniques, techniques....) Anyway good luck to all of you for the modules on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)