Section 1 (1 Viewer)

sinist4

HSC
awww ... i agree.
wats dis shit about the environment concept of journey or sumthing. i just put the change in environments , symbolises journey-ing :| (text 2)

thats wrong aye LOL

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
I said she was on a field! I choose the man holding the photos and the thunderlust poem to analyse for sense of personal of the journey...

casvana.victor

HSC
Yeah i thought this section was ok the photograph thing was a little hard but im hoping 4 an ok mark.
i thought that the poem was about how the chick doesnt feel like she belongs on the farm and she wants to travel and experience new things.
o well...

Nickstar

HSC
ok well section one was gay.. I stupidly did it last and had like well 25 mins.. lol so I didnt get the question worth 5 marks done and the questions I answered for all that section were really brief and didn't really make any sense.. but wats done is done and you can't change it so everyone relax... take a deep breath and smile ... lol.. And for all those ppl who thought question 1 wasn't hard good for you.. LoL and all those who thought it was.. there are alot of ppl who are in your shoes aswell so don't worry...

Take care and good luck with all the rest of your exams.. :)

Silver_88

HSC
Well guys it was on the news for 'being hard', i can't say it was what I was expecting, I was certainly expecting something easier...When I read the questions I was like how the hell can you relate them to the texts while at the same time getting techniques and talking about some aspect of the journey?! I seriously think i went around in circles, did you guys do two related texts or one in the essay section??

stauncher

HSC
Tim035 said:
ROFL yeah I read it as photographs and wrote my answer and then realised it said photographers, read my answer and realised it still made sense so I just added ers onto the end of photograph. Meh what was that 1 mark at the worse
you mean it didnt say photographs..
well im screwed! there goes my only mark for section 1 that i could of gotten!

kityingleung

HSC
i rekon it was hard..... when i read.... ".....nomads" my immediate thought was shit... wtf is a nomad @@ i can't remember any of my section 1 answers........... this means.. i didn't put enough effort in it.. .. well i tried... the Qs were so so stupid

missmadeline

HSC
Mumma quote

Mumma said:
What farm???? LOL :rofl: She was on a farm? For fucks sake
AHAHAHAHA!! I hope for your sake you were exaggerating a bit, but that really made my day. LOL thankyou

ashgabee

HSC
it was way hard! i sat there for ten minutes going "what am i going to do?!"
NOMADS!?! WHAT THE?!?! i was completely fudgeing it.

TarzA

HSC
JayJay07 said:
AHHH I hate Section 1 papers lol

I think I did good except for maybe the Q of the second text and the last Q (which were 2 of the highest mark ones ... grrr)

The poem I thought was really good ... it was actually a poem that I liked personally (even though I saw it for the first time today). The Q about the final paragraph was pretty easy, obviously the girl/woman had been imagining all of those adventures by reading the travel books in her playroom & the final stanza was discussing her distaste for her reality, the farmyard ... the coldness, the sheared ewe (discussed how by being sheared theyd be bony and scrawny) and just contrasting the stanza with the other 2.

In the final Q I did the Poem & The photos and tried to link the photographers with the Photo's in the travel books and how they'd have similar journeys but the internal psychological impact would be unique ... something along those line :worried:

I stuffed up the Q on Text 2 .... I actually wrote the answer twice because I started talking about the cave and didn't even mention the landscape and then I was like .... oh whoops ... cross out like 3/4 of a page worth of writing and redid it. Still got the section done in 40 min ok :)
if you do your hsc in 07... why are you worried about this years exam?

madcat939

HSC
maskd said:
Acceleration!
fuking smartass
i know theres this good method where u do a total of 12 units right but u do 6 units in one year so u only focus on 3 subjects full on for one year than next year u do 3 subjects full on. I reckon its a mad idea but you have to do it at tafe oh and you also are counted as disadvantaged so you get bonus UAI points.

At the end you get ure HSC and UAI

maskd

HSC
madcat939 said:
fuking smartass
i know theres this good method where u do a total of 12 units right but u do 6 units in one year so u only focus on 3 subjects full on for one year than next year u do 3 subjects full on. I reckon its a mad idea but you have to do it at tafe oh and you also are counted as disadvantaged so you get bonus UAI points.

At the end you get ure HSC and UAI
Sounds like the Pathways program, where you complete the HSC over two years, but you don't have to do it at TAFE. I was considering it but ultimately decided against it because I pulled my finger out somewhat when I started year 12.

JayJay07

HSC
TarzA said:
if you do your hsc in 07... why are you worried about this years exam?
Doing my english ones this year and finish some of the rest next year :) Like someone else explained I am doing half and half.

f261120

HSC
Thade said:
I bullshat all over Section one.

^^^Bad imagery. :D

At least the story excerpt was easy to interpret, as well as the photographic record. I'm holding the paper right now, and even with the might of the internet, I still can't interpret it. I'm screwed as it's probably really easy and obvious. =P

Edit: I also went on about the farm and stuff. :)
I also have the paper. i also find it impossible to interpret. text 2's question was ridiculous... it still doesnt make great sense... but text three was easy. i bet most people used 1& 3 for part f)... every single person in my clas did ;)

shelley686

HSC
I called the 'Great Wall of China' the 'Wall of Berlin'!!! Do u reckon i wont get the mark? that was the one marker on text one - its a English exam, not a history one

Pde_pd

HSC
I found this section rather disastrous
The unseen texts weren't too bad but the poem! I hated that dam poem
There was italic text at the top of it saying sumthing like "I was but 13 or so I went into a golden land" so i interpreted this as a physical journey only to realise now, that its probably leaning more towards imaginative

Wakely

HSC
samanthajk said:
what tha hell is a nomad?
I didnt know what a nomad was either. When I was talking about it later with my dad, he got all worked up cos he couldnt believe i didnt know. Apparently it's someone who moves around a lot. Heaps of people came outof the exam saying 'wtf is a nomad' so you definately weren't alone. Luckily the question was only worth 1mark and you could make it up using the quote...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)