Section 1 (1 Viewer)

N

noir.

I didn't even finish the last question - had a few more sentences to write.
The only text that made sense was text 2. Text 1 was gay and i didn't get what the point of text 3 was. Stupid stupid stupid section.

^emmie^

HSC
hardest section one evre

since everyone thought it was hard esp text three hopefully theyll scale our marks up *i live in hope*

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
This is the first time I was able to finish this section. I didn't really count how many pages I did. Maybe 5?

I just hope I don't get owned by this section is all. C'mon above 10. *crosses fingers*

somewhereelse

HSC
haha i didnt find it any harder than our trial, or the other ones i looked at..
i found the second text way harder than the first!

anna-bananna

HSC
I agree.. text three was awful! i left section I until last as well so sorta ran out of time.. got something down for every question at least but whether it was of any quality is another story haha...

Mikki14

HSC
This section would have been really easy if I could have remembered more techniques then just first person.

Must admit it looks like i'm one of the few people who actually liked text 3. It made a great polar opposite to text 1. Text 1 was stationary from what i understood, Wilson waited for the journey to come to him through other people. While text 3 was about going out to find the journey and having an open mind about what you saw and discovered.

Crizzy

HSC
pipolaaa said:
plus music is in an hour lol...

lol, get off BOS now before you get even more distracted..
Good Luck with music!

BlaaahBlaaah

HSC
I find it strange that everyone found this section so hard. Not that I thought it was really easy or anything.. I thought text three was strange. I got the first half of it, but had no idea what he was on about in the second half. I'm good at making stuff up :). I guess I didn't find it so hard because I found section 1 in my trial really hard, and this didn't seem so bad in comparison.

HSC
Mikki14 said:
Must admit it looks like i'm one of the few people who actually liked text 3. It made a great polar opposite to text 1. Text 1 was stationary from what i understood, Wilson waited for the journey to come to him through other people. While text 3 was about going out to find the journey and having an open mind about what you saw and discovered.
Ah yeah, that's a really good way of lookimg at it.

Damn. :eek:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
that still wont help getting higher marks ..but yeh if i only relaxed more instead of cursing all hsc markers i could have understood it better ..stupid english hsc ,cant wait for chem :D

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
so are we goign to go through the answers lol??

need some reassurance

fatemjay

rof
HSC
Mikki14 said:
agree with you totally there, i found section one to be really simple and straight forward

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
Sigh, if I can remember correctly for me I interpreted Text 3 .. well. let me explain, text 1 and 2 were both about perspectives of a journey, and how you needed to be "empathetic" towards something or someone in order to understand or put yourself in their shoes and thus carry on with your own personal journey (of writing). And I got the idea that they wanted US to put OURSELVES in these writer's shoes in order to understand their journey and how they see the world.

So I gathered text 3 was also about that, seeing as question f) was about comparing hence SIMILARITIES (winkwink) or differences. And in the beginning of text 3, the writer talks about how when he was young, or what not, he used to see the 'horizon - persuasive home' or some crap like that.

But then throughout the thing he talks about how he finds difficulty in capturing the entireity of the outback because it's so vast, and yet he finds little things about it that are so detailed (is the way I took it)
so in terms of being empathetic... and he is unable to capture each specific part of the outback, that's why he needs to write like he is 'flying low and overhead' so he sees everything, and isn't blinded by his personal view.
He also realises he can't capture every little thing, and will always find it difficult to capture just one aspect.

I could have done this completely wrong so yeah. I don't know, I was able to back it up with textual analysis so I hope the markers show me some love eh.

pyrosis

HSC
stupid english neva been neva will b my best subject- text 3= very very gay hes rambling about nuthing hes attitude- a mental problem lol

Last edited:
HSC
Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay.

Had one minute to spare, wrote 15 and a half pages. Text three - I bullshitted my way through it.

Originality

HSC
There goes my hsc english.
Spend ages on section 1 and still confused abt it.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i did this section last so had about 50mins to do it took my time.. i thought it was a bit harder then usual.... i normally memorise like language devices/techniques to use and stuff.. so i was hunting hard for evidence of alliteration and assonance lol. but i wrote about 6-7pages for the section so i think i did okay. Still seemed hardest section1 i seen b4!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)