Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Mysterious X

HSC
Used the first one, nice and vague, reproduced my 5-6 page story that got me 14/15 in my usually hard marking trial :).

I think I'll be fine for this section (y)

HSC
okay can somebody give me feedback on this please; my 'celebration' of relationships that contribute to belonging is implied (i THINK), if someone can confirm for me: I wrote about a girl who is dealing with the loss of family members through a tragedy, and throughout the story and at the end she reflects on all the good memories and feelings she experienced through the sense of belonging she gained from the relationship of family.. does that link? yes? no? i THINk it's implied, right? even though it's not necessarily a 'happy' story, it's still a celebration of such relationships? gahh.
Yeah the more i think about it, i think they werent looking for obvious celebrations, but more deep( ie:your story) I think you showed that the relationships are celebrated by the looking back at them. And its a celebration of life...which focus's on relationships! Dont know if this makes sense... but i think yours will be fine... unlike mine...

alourdes

HSC
oh greaat.
i wrote letters between a father from prison to his son over many years: first the son loves his father, then is ashamed (rejects the father), then accepts him again because now he has a kid of his own.

Does the new birth count as a celebration of some sort? the son does forgive him in the end...

dont think i was too clear on which quote either.

i hated all sections, esp section 3 .. TWO RELATED fml.

septic.

HSC
Yeah the more i think about it, i think they werent looking for obvious celebrations, but more deep( ie:your story) I think you showed that the relationships are celebrated by the looking back at them. And its a celebration of life...which focus's on relationships! Dont know if this makes sense... but i think yours will be fine... unlike mine...
oh thank god. i thought i was crazy for thinking my story fit in somehow, but what you said does make me feel better. thankyou!

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
This is my short story i included a lil bit of stimulus from question one. It worked awesomley cos mines abt a relationship but do you guys actually get it. I am scared the marker wont get it

Mysterious X

HSC
Shit I just remembered the celebration part of the question lol.

Mine isn't so much celebrating how relationships contribute to belonging, but rather the converse statement about how a lack of relationships destroy a sense of belonging (at least for most of the story ^_^). You reckon I'll be fine?

kaytt

HSC
i reckon most of us will be fine. i know we're the first year doing 'belonging' and a standard has to be set but i think they'll be slightly leniant on us considering we kind of haven't had any past papers to really study off.

if you have some form of relationship in there, whether it is positive (enemies turning into best friends) or another form where people realise the relationships in their past have aided them into becoming the person they are today; essentially you should be fine.

:D no more emily dickinson forever! and no more 'belonging' ah life is great.

not looking forward to friday though :|

Misz

HSC
I wrote 13 pages for this section :)

so lets hope i did well :)

ahh religion tomorrow FML

Last edited:

thatjayderig

HSC
i did 2nd quote
but i dnt think i adapted it 2 the qstn properly
. my husband died but i said i want to always think of him in present tense not past. it was sad, everything reminded me of him.
you think that could be seen as a celebration of his life?

Allisonius

HSC
I was very happy with the stimulus for this.
Although, I would have been happy with anything really since I don't use planned creative responses.
My story was about 7 pages and I used the second quote for it.
Heheh.
I actully used the quote as part of the dialogue in my story, I thought it would be a nice touch :D

sambazoo

HSC
question,
when is says "celebrates the ways relationships contribute to a sense of belonging"
can sense of belonging also mean sense of not belonging?
because my character didnt belong at all...
did i do it wrong?

thismodernage

HSC
Did you have to include the quote somewhere? Like write what one you used at the front of the booklet or something? Because the examiners told us no to at our school...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)