Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

habitres

HSC
Used the fishing and changed my story virtually completely except for the my intro and outro which I moulded to fit the question. Pretty much used the tacklebox as an extended metaphor for the relationship between the kid and his grandfather and him looking back and discovering the box when his grandfather died.

Only wrote about 2 and a half pages because ran out of time fml.

Brown111

HSC
Used the fishing and changed my story virtually completely except for the my intro and outro which I moulded to fit the question. Pretty much used the tacklebox as an extended metaphor for the relationship between the kid and his grandfather and him looking back and discovering the box when his grandfather died.

Only wrote about 2 and a half pages because ran out of time fml.
me too :(

Roscosmos

HSC
When it said use an image as a central element, it didn't mean to literally use the picture i.e. a story about a kid swinging on a branch (image 1) did it?

I sure hope not cause I took it to mean use some themes or ideas that the picture conveyed and build a story around that idea, did I do it right?

JellyJasper

HSC
Didn't prepare, didn't plan on preparing. Everything went okay, I made an original cliche-free story.

HSC
My creative was about time so it suited perfectly but i dont think i integrated the stimulus well..or even at all :L I chose the kids with a circle..

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone besides me that chose image 4 ?

tomp1612

HSC
didnt do too badly i think, got 4 pages in like 20 minutes but thats cause i preped my one ages ago

onedaysnotice

HSC
Hoping for 15/15 :) Took me a while to settle on which stimulus to use, but eventually chose the circle of kids.

My story was about a bookworm who's only friends were books, so I likened the kids to the books XD Ended up writing 6 pages :D

Last edited:

Sindivyn

HSC
Wrote 3 pages, but the stimulus of the kid on the tree + the question itself suited my story perfectly, hoping for 12ish.

Rawf

HSC
Anyone besides me that chose image 4 ?
I did image 4.. the one with the feet on the grass haha
It really didn't fit my story, nor did any of the other ones but eh. I didn't make it the 'central' component... overall i did the shittiest thing and said "i saw their brown dress shoes stepping on the grass" or something hopeless like that.

APABLD

HSC
Used the one with the kids and their heads together.

I did a speech though, so took a little bit of a risk.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
I did image 4.. the one with the feet on the grass haha
It really didn't fit my story, nor did any of the other ones but eh. I didn't make it the 'central' component... overall i did the shittiest thing and said "i saw their brown dress shoes stepping on the grass" or something hopeless like that.
Yeah lol, i assumed it was an old guy and women so i wrote about this old war veteran who loses his wife. loool

nightweaver066

HSC
Hoping for 15/15 :) Took me a while to settle on which stimulus to use, but eventually chose the circle of kids.

My story was about a bookworm who's only friends were books, so I likened the kids to the books XD Ended up writing 6 pages :D
Funny, i've read another belonging short story that was about exactly this :p

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Almost everyone i talked to used the first one haha (the kid on the swing)

medicore

HSC
did the tree branch kid aswell, went perfectly with mine. hoping for 13 - 14 / 15

Rawf

HSC
Almost everyone i talked to used the first one haha (the kid on the swing)
I looked at that one and was like omg that would fit like a billion of peoples stories. but mine was nothing related to that at all.
I think majority of people at my school did the second one with the fishing

lani22

HSC
i used the fifth one but i don't think i used it as a central concept well enough...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember, don't be too confident if the stimulus wasn't a CENTRAL IDEA for your story. If it isn't, you're probably capped at ~11/15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)