Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey, I just wanted to know if my story was remotely appropriate for the question

So it was about a guy who was obsessed with his work, and does not have time for his family, and stuff . He takes a break, and goes to the hill (like a place they used to visit together as a family). He gets flashbacks and stuff, and he learns his place with his place with his family and travelling with his family. He goes back, and gaining a new sense of belonging with strengthened relationships.

I used the second quote

So yeah, any idea if I answered the community aspect?

Thanks
Arguably you're addressing the theme of familial community? No point worrying about it now though - just move on.

acidsushi

HSC
I'm not sure how I did, because my character never really found himself belonging or being a part of the support group he was sitting in. I know belonging can swing both ways, but I'm not 100% if the question wanted that. Does that matter?

Simile

HSC
N/A
Yes, something like that. It was very difficult to mold my creative to that. Wouldnt family be considered a community? Yes , something like familial connection.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
My creative fitted perfectly with the last quote. Was great. :')
Same.

Did your prepared creatives relate to communities? :{
Ja.

I'm not sure how I did, because my character never really found himself belonging or being a part of the support group he was sitting in. I know belonging can swing both ways, but I'm not 100% if the question wanted that. Does that matter?
I must say, nice ranks.

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
My story is about a reporter who goes to an internment camp to bash on some people in his article but walks out enlightened and happy and liking the people

i used the "small world" quote, put it in quotation marks and wrote the name of the person the line before on the right hand side with (c) to show it was an article and then did the *** to write my normal creative.thankfully, I ended my creative with the words "pen to paper, he began to write" so it showed a little bit of continuity.

i had to cut out a lot of character development however, bout 100~ words in total. My biggest regret is not allocating my time well, I had to write 1000 words in 25-30 mins in order to save space for my essay :(

harrypotterfan

HSC
The quote fit perfectly with my preplanned ideas BUT I had nothing to do with community :(

Then I ended up having to bs around 6 paragraphs about community when in reality my planned ideas were all about personal and familial relationships...

BOSTES y u do dis?

Sambam429

HSC
Guys just to confirm I asked a hsc marker it's irrelevant whether you included a title or not

Aziizaa

HSC
Mine was from the perspective of an inanimate object - now I'm second-guessing whether it is acceptable or not.
It still linked to familial-community belonging... but I hope it fits into the criteria they had in the question.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
second quote was the easiest, as it was the most generic.
did you make sure you answered the bit before the stimulus?

riri109360

HSC
Stupid individual belonging to a community threw me off, I still wrote my prepared story on family belonging.
Does that count as an individual belonging to a community? A family community?
(I don't think so sadly :'( )

noctua

HSC
I barely wrote about belonging to community in my pre-planned essay am I scrwed?

I saw the question and tried to fit in something about community, as I used a motif of a flower and said that it grew in my small town, and said this forges a connection between me and them. That's pretty much all I said.

Does this pass their requirements or am I just f***ed?

nat2609

HSC
Same! Family (a type of community) is a type of belonging? I wrote about belonging with family but I never mentioned the word "community" in my writing... now I'm scared

jdennis

HSC
Did anyone else notice that the three sentences came straight out of the comprehension section?

HSC
I ended up using my pre-written story which was about a painter who locked herself away in her room (so I used the first quote), but then just adapted it to community by saying about how she's not really understood by society and her family, but in the community of her fellow artists at her art exhibits she fits in so well (by use of flashbacks)
(except obviously I tried to write it a hella lot better in the exam XD)

Though ended up wasting most time on this section and had to get another booklet to write in.

Gypsy26

HSC
False. My teacher made us a booklet of creatives from past hsc papers that all scored 15/15 and half of them had titles. Lel. Either way it won't affect your mark
Sambam429, would you mind uploading the exemplars your teacher gave you if you still have them. It would be super useful for us new HSC students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)