Section 2 - Crime (1 Viewer)

sunnycutiegal

HSC
ok.
i wrote about socioeconomic factors, poltical views, the difference between males and females, and education...

xBecx

HSC
Lol. That question confused the crap outta me. I was lyk uhhh committment..? Managed to bullshit for 3 pages though.. lol. don't think there was much quality in there but..

x0leni

HSC
i did that too, thats all i could think of that covered that question.
i did not like the exam :(
i couldnt think of any examples so i wrote about rene rivkin...ie greed

That's fine.. seriously.

Miltonian

HSC
Part D, the 10 marker, was designed to really throw most students. It was taken from the Syllabus section Morality, Ethics and COMMITMENT to the law. This question basically asked for reasons for which individuals do not follow crime. For this you had to think outside of the norm slightly. Such issues as:
- Socio-economic
- Culture
- Background (migratory, indigenous)
- Juvinile crime (or any of you case studies on Current criminal justice groups)

What will set apart the 5-6 to the 9-10's will be use, variety and relevance of examples.

-SJ4L-

HSC
Are you absolutely sure about this?

If so thank you SO MUCH. My dreams of band 6 are still very much alive... haha.
that makes one of us :|

Part D, the 10 marker, was designed to really throw most students. It was taken from the Syllabus section Morality, Ethics and COMMITMENT to the law. This question basically asked for reasons for which individuals do not follow crime. For this you had to think outside of the norm slightly. Such issues as:
- Socio-economic
- Culture
- Juvinile crime (or any of you case studies on Current criminal justice groups)

What will set apart the 5-6 to the 9-10's will be use, variety and relevance of examples.
this makes me kinda feel better. i wrote bout how aboriginals dont comply with eurpoean law cause it doesnt meet their cultural obilgations etc etc and how young people need to be educated on folloing the law e.g schools

is that sort of right?

mckensara

HSC
- Socio-economic
- Culture

its not why they do not follow crime. it was factors affecting their commitment to the law, so thus factors that would contribute to a lack of commitment to the law, which is essentially influenced by differing morals and values relative to the individual. Explored through these factors
- political
- socio-economic
- genetic
- self interest
- cultural
according to the syllabus.

MzBiiBii

HSC
its not why they do not follow crime. It was factors affecting their commitment to the law, so thus factors that would contribute to a lack of commitment to the law, which is essentially influenced by differing morals and values relative to the individual. Explored through these factors
- political
- socio-economic
- genetic
- self interest
- cultural
+1

-_-

HSC
its not why they do not follow crime. it was factors affecting their commitment to the law, so thus factors that would contribute to a lack of commitment to the law, which is essentially influenced by differing morals and values relative to the individual. Explored through these factors
- political
- socio-economic
- genetic
- self interest
- cultural
I <3 you.

I did that, and I swear I needed "examples" so I invented cases of "gang culture" leading to crime (social) as well as fake cases for the other types. Prayin I dont get caught out.

ChocAngel

HSC
I <3 you.

I did that, and I swear I needed "examples" so I invented cases of "gang culture" leading to crime (social) as well as fake cases for the other types. Prayin I dont get caught out.
LOL! I talked about gang culture too :)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I also talked about the qualities of a effective law (e.g. enforceability, easily known, reflects social values) and how a deficiency in any of these areas can lead to a lack of commitment to the law for certain members of the community (for example, the prevalence of music piracy is mostly due to a lack of enforceability of intellectual property laws, etc).

I also talked about how certain factors (social, economic, genetic, etc) can make people uncommitted to the law (e.g. poverty might lead to larceny).

So basically I looked at it from a dual perspective of there are factors (social, economic, genetic, etc) that lead to a lack of commitment to the law from certain individuals (usually in reference to indictable crimes), and there are also elements of laws (enforceability, reflects societal attitudes) that determine whether a law is committed to or not (usually in reference to summary crimes).

Would this be correct?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)