• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Section 2 possibilities (1 Viewer)

Estelle

So.. what things might we get asked for the creative writing section?

I know, like speech, diary entry, letter, feature article, narrative, but any others?

And do you guys have any trial/ past hsc whatever questions for this task?
just so i can see what type of thing to expect.

Just anything to do with this task as in advice etc, too.

I have a story ect but i am trying to rewrite it in a variety of forms so i am prepared.

What kind of question do you guys think they'll ask?

Thanks, anything is much appreciated!!!!

Estelle

yeah i already read all that stuff as well but it didnt really answer my question, what i essentially need to know is all the possible text types we could be asked for, and just sample questions regarding these text types... pleeease can anyone give me some help i am actually in urgent needdd...!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Ok, here we go:

- Haiku
- Sonnet
- Greek Drama
- Religious Scripture
- Acrostic poem (but think yourself lucky if you get this)
- Novel
- Bibliography
- Research paper

Oh yeah, there's also short story, letter, journal entry, speech and radio transcript, but I don't think they're very likely to come up :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
lol nice addition of humour captaingh3y. i thik they'll ask us to write letters. i did that for my trials.....im sticking to the content i wrote in that.

Estelle

thats silly cause you never know what you could get!
and poetry is mostly subjective anyway so its not a wise choice..

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
On Poetry: "Some candidates who chose to write in poetic form were more concerned with establishing a rhyme scheme rather than exploring the concept of a journey." - from the Markers' Comments, 2004.

As for the question, we had an image in our trial as a stimulus. Some trial papers also asked you to use one of the texts from Section I as a stimulus. A quote or short extract from a text is also quite possible.

Regarding the text type, in previous years there has been:

2001: Write a story for a school magazine using either one of two quotes or an image as the basis of the story.

2002: Compose a letter to the composer of one of the texts from Section I, responding briefly to an aspect of their text then describing a related experience

2003: You are entering a writing competition called 'Pictures of Change', write a story about a picture of change, using one of several provided images for the basis of the beginning or ending of the story.

2004: A "piece of creative writing" relating to journeys in time, of the heart, or across landscapes.

Or more simply, magazine article, letter, story, story.

Therefore I would say the probablilty of this year's being a 'story' is very low. I'm guessing 'letter'.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
thats gotta be the best analysis ive seen so far and it makes sense, as there has only been one year of journeys so far. and it was so open ended but was basically write a story, chances are it may not be a story....so letter or diary entries are sounding good

ishq

brown?
HSC
Feature Article?
Interview?

Neither of them have even sprung up.
OR will they leave those for the Modules paper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)