• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Section 2 possibilities (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ishq said:
Feature Article?
Interview?

Neither of them have even sprung up.
OR will they leave those for the Modules paper?
For the creative writing portion of the paper you can write in the following forms as far as I am aware(ie there are more, but I do not know them well enough to be sure):
Short Story
Journal/Diary entry
Brochure/Pamphlet(not sure about this one & can't remember them asking this in the HSC)
Radio Interview
Television Interview
Letter
Poetry(they'll never specify this and I strongly advise against it)
Feature Articles and Speeches-they have the power, but considering the purpose of the creative section it would be a bit of a waste.
In the Advanced modules, you can get all of these but Short Stories and Poetry plus you can have the essay - though Advanced will only have one non essay question. In Extension 1, you can have any of these mediums except they'd never specify poetry.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
What what you do if they asked for a radio or tele interview? I'm guessing you can integrate like an annecdote, and perhaps a few quotes.. but what else?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
What what you do if they asked for a radio or tele interview? I'm guessing you can integrate like an annecdote, and perhaps a few quotes.. but what else?
kami said:
Some basic stuff on radio interviews:

* Set the scene first off - a good way to do this is to have your announcer/interviewer name the station, introduce who they are interviewing and why etc. For example "Announcing Dude: Welcome listeners to103.BLA weekly interviews. My name is Bla McBla and today we welcome Hannibal Lecter's chef Blara Bland on our 'foreign cuisine' special. Welcome Blara, now exactly what do you put in those lovely steak dinners your restaurant serves?"

* Once you have set the scene, you use the bulk of the interview to discuss your issue(eg Orlando Bloom the 8th:'there is an alligator wearing my tutu and it stole my train ticket!' or Ginger Spice:'I love travelling on boats - sea sickness is sexy" etc.) in what should be a conversational yet formal tone ie write as you speak, but still be formal.

* Also don't forget to sign off when you have finished your discussion, with brief concluding commentary and refernce to the radio medium and what not. For example you should give your appreciation/thanks to the people/person you interview and farewell then sign off with something vaguely along the lines of "Announcer: Well listeners I hope you enjoyed our show this evening" etc.

Television interviews: These are pretty similar to radio interviews except that you can make reference to the camera and to a limited extent the movements of the interviewer and interviewee eg
Sandra Sully: So did you kill that kangaroo?
Camera pans toward Supa Bla as he shifts uneasily
Supa Bla: I..err..of course I didn't Sandy.
Hope that helps:)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I'm pretty sure the creative section will be formatted this year, well thats how I'm preparing myself. Look at 2002 (the second year for change), the questions werent all that straightforward. Prepare yourself for anything...

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I would settle for a question like the 2002 one.. it doesn't look too bad and you should be able to even adapt a generic to it.

volition

arr.
HSC
I'm tipping that they do a 'generic' one and let us choose our own text type. It's not really based off anything, just what I reckon :)

My prepared story is in 'diary entry' format, and it's easy to change mine to fit the text type/stimulus anyway :p

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Actually you're probably right, I'm changing my prediction to Journal Entry, seeing as the last 2 years in a row have been stories, but there hasn't been any journal/diaries yet.

Estelle

wow thanks for all the imput!

but now i'm worried cause i wrote a story and its going to be hard to put it into other text types, i mean i can but it wont be as effective.

:(
oh my god is anyone as stressed as i am....

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
PublicUser said:
i just rang up the helpline. The lady told me they would never to a letter again- though i dont believe her.
lol, uve gotta remember that the standard for creatives every year are nothing short of shocking. An imaginative story alone is hard for any student to compose in 40 minutues... everytime they specify a specific form (eg letter), the responses get worse, the standard is worse and the marking is somewhat harder.

However, having said that, he can, and have specified specific forms in the past, so prepare yourself for anything!

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
i just rang up the helpline. The lady told me they would never to a letter again- though i dont believe her.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
my journey creative writing all happens in one day
so should I do it as different entries for the one day by diff titles, or times?
which would be more effective?

Estelle

my story all happens in one day too!

i practiced mine as journal with a log in at times through the day, but i dont know what would be more effective, mine works way better as a story...

Estelle

oh my god reallllly!!! i would die!!

i have my essay so planned out!

But how could you be one of the characters if you have to refer to other texts, stimulus booklet and so on??

i dont know why but my post got put above yours, but i am refering to the post below.

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
PublicUser said:
the lady i also spoke to told me that in section 3, they could actually write a question when we are one of the characters in the text, then we would have to write an alternate ending
In section 3? Alternate ending? Somehow I don't think so.

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
the lady i also spoke to told me that in section 3, they could actually write a question when we are one of the characters in the text, then we would have to write an alternate ending

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
dude who is this lady that ur speaking to thats feeding you all this shit?

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
PublicUser said:
an alternative ending? i did coleridge which are poems... how does that work....

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
karen88 said:
an alternative ending? i did coleridge which are poems... how does that work....
dont worry, its complete crap....

1 - it has 2 be based on techniques,
2 - its not only ur prescribed text, must be related and stimus texts as well

so was whoever said this suggesting the question may be:

2005 HSC JOURNEYS QUESTION 3
"write an alternative ending which is applicable to your prescribed text (which in my case is 4 different poems), and ur related text as well as a text from the stimulus booklet, but dont worry because the markers have never read ur related text so dont know what the original ending is, hence u may use the existing ending and say its your own, goodluck"

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Well, maybe Kubla, The Mariner, the guy from the cottage, and the guy from the lime tree bower all got together and went down to the local for some beers.

Works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)