Section 2 (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I chose the last one. "...A mosaic, a dance of broken, gleaming fragments".

Did you guys include the quotation in your stories?

Legham

HSC
i walked in there without any idea of what i'd do for my creative but, but an idea sprung into my head as soon as i saw the question, so i was happy :) Not that i'll go good.. i just prefer writing crap than not writing at all.

colyrook

The Master Cheese
HSC
I took the "everywhere he goes people chat to him" quote and ended up writing a story in PRESENT TENSE, which I had never done before. Is that ok? The story was about this guy who wakes up on a beach with all these people around asking who he is and where he's from. he doesnt remember anything, and is lead down to the water before he is called off the beach and taken away by a boat. I turns out he's actually in a coma, and I tried to make the place ("the waiting room", according to one of the residents) the place where people go when in a coma.

I was happy with it... little bit worried about it being in present tense though... I had to do that for the quote.

Kimbo Bimbo

HSC
AJD said:
I had a solid planned story, but I couldn't relate it to the question well :mad:
thats why your supposed to be CREATIVE. your not supposed to have a planned story!!

i used the third quote and made up some crap about it being a river.

^emmie^

HSC
Kimbo Bimbo said:
i used the third quote and made up some crap about it being a river.

i did the same quote 3 and it was a river lol

i think i did fair shit cause i did it in like 15 min

i defo think they should give us more time espec for mondays english one

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Im not sure if you have to highlight the quote you use but i wrote it on the top of the page and also used it in my essay but not sure if i needed to.
But you most likely have to just put it on the top of the page and refer to it in your text a bit.

G

gaoOO

The third was easily the broadest choice, therefore what i used. It didn't fit my story that well, but i mean, it wasn't the worst link possible. The stimulus was much easier to tweak than last years.

I wrote about 11 pages, but my story was fragmented so that there were gaps between different perspectives etc. So if it was condensed into a standard story, i think it would only have been around 9.

I should mention that my writing is pretty big. I think my story was about 1000 words.

Last edited by a moderator:

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
did ppl use the quote as a central idea or just as a line in the story?

lol i kept writing in past tense and then i realised i wanted to write in present and had to go through the whole thing again fixing up my tenses and then just before i handed it in i realised i hadnt done that for the last bit of the story. so im pretty much fucked.

i only wrote 3 pages cos i ran out of time does that mean im doomed to get a c band for that section?

sickdog12

HSC
I was quite happy with the creative wrote 9 pages and cause i do crime fiction in extension english i wrote a hard boiled crime fiction short story using the 3rd quote.

i related the quote to the way evidence is....in broken fragments etc etc

heaps happy....usually my weakest but will be disappointed with anything less than 14/15

no more journeys :mad1:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
At first I thought my creative fit perfectly with the last quote about "mosaics" and stuff but now in retrospect, I'm not sure anymore. I guess just have to cross my fingers.

Oh yeah and I wrote about 6 and a half pages.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Does the journey have to actually be Physical ?

I wrote about a quick trip to grandpa's house whose words of wisdom broke me free from video games, and it's clearly more of a change of thinking.

^emmie^

HSC
haha i thought about the quote n how to put it into a story
came up with a reasonably good way to do so
pretty much got to the end of it and realised i forgot to put the quote in so i wrote some lame arse paragraph trying to incorporate it arhhh

lyzzidc

HSC
I liked this question, i was so scared they'd do what they did last year and only give us one choice.
i chose the first one, the one about how they all wanted to chat to him. In mine my main character gets handcuffed to a shower rod, i usually get good marks from it, hopefully it works.
i wrote 16 pages

sickdog12

HSC
i only wrote 3 pages cos i ran out of time does that mean im doomed to get a c band for that section?
hate to say it but i think that unless u wrote some super quality work in that creative....it is just too short sorry but yeah...

it has to be a sustained response with a mixture of quality and quantity...

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
nah option b) was easier.. intergrating emotions in any story will score high (the other part depends if the story makes sense)
i liked my story simple and reflective

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
sickdog12 said:
hate to say it but i think that unless u wrote some super quality work in that creative....it is just too short sorry but yeah...

it has to be a sustained response with a mixture of quality and quantity...
i only wrote a page and a half normal size pages for the trials and i got 13/15 and for our half yearlys i got 14/15 for 2 normal size pages. i used pretty much the same story as my halfyearlys with almost the exact same techniques although i had to cut back a bit cos i was running out of time.

G

gaoOO

sammi260 said:
i only wrote a page and a half normal size pages for the trials and i got 13/15 and for our half yearlys i got 14/15 for 2 normal size pages. i used pretty much the same story as my halfyearlys with almost the exact same techniques although i had to cut back a bit cos i was running out of time.
You got 14/15 for two pages of work?

I'm astounded.

sickdog12

HSC
well either u write small or u are lucky enough to be that fantastic type of writer.....

well done...

i just dont think i could convey my message in that time.....

i wrote a crime fiction for the last so i needed mystery and a crime and shit like that ya know....

oh well goodluck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)