Section 2 (1 Viewer)

tracyquang

HSC
section 2, the essay?
I refered to 4 texts in total, The wind in the willows, 2 prescribed and Les Miserables. glad that i had the time to finish it.
Even though now to think back, I am not happy with my introduction coz i wrote the introduction that i often used relating to journey, i forgot to say how one shapes the concept of journey after studying those texts. ARGH T.T

jakree_golf

HSC
the essay question was totally alright this year, and i think its awesome how we dont have to refer to our related texts; I always couldnt manage to finish in time if i was to write about all the texts so ya COOL

how many pages did u guys end up writing? i somehow managed to have written 12 for this section, although its really spaced out and crappy anyway

overall, i'm quite happy with this section of the paper although i think i stuffed myself up badly for the 8 mark thingo

bikapika

HSC
12 pages!!??? ooph i only wrote 8
lol for the 8 mark part did u guys use descriptive language? i just release i should have used it

jakree_golf

HSC
i know ay, i wish i had used descriptive language and stuff for that 8 mark q, my response was more like a mini essay or whatever arggghh

bikapika

HSC
so how many marks do u expect to get for the 8 marks q?
i heard that if u make mistake about the format of ur response, then you can divide the marks by half :(
i reckon im lucky if i can get 5

tracyquang

HSC
I am worried about the creative writing question as well, I made a small research and Wikipedia indicates that a creative writing piece can be anything. I wrote like a page essay for it. But couldnt make it connect to the titles. *sighs*
For the essay i wrote 8 pages.
I chose THe Wind in the Willows, A drive in the country, OTH and Les Miserables. U GUYS?

caitycat

HSC
This is often my worst section but I think I did quite well :)
At first I thought "Oh no!" as i ealised that none of them really seemed to fit with anything i'd done before. Just as I resigned myself to making up some waffle about the first quote, I realised I could turn the final quote into a description of raindrops in a poem I prepared earlier (i'm rather proud of it actually)
.only got 3 pages.. but.. POEM!!

tracyquang

HSC
:(, ppl keep talking about poem in their essay and how hard they are to analyse. i dont get it. the only poem i referred to was " A drive in the country". I concentrated in analysing the techniques rather than tackling the journey aspects. :(

bikapika

HSC
well i chose china coin, immigrants at central and feliks skryzeee, ivory trail ( i only prepared one), and boston legal as supplementary text

basiclly 50% techniques analysis + 50% of linking to the question, although im worried about the stimulus booklet one since half way done the road i realised ivory trail is HARD to relate to "experiences" lol for gods sake its a bookcover so i started making things up about imaginative journeys- -

still hoping for high b5 to low b6 though

what did u guys focus on, "representation of journeys" or "experiences"? i didnt mimic the question alot though

tracyquang

HSC
i concentrated on the "how those epxeriences shape our concept of journey" . i forgot to analyse techniques in one of the texts though.

bikapika

HSC
did u mimic this phrase alot but? my teacher told us to do so but i didnt

tracyquang

HSC
uhmmm,
u know like i chose 4 texts to do,
so i have 4 paragraphs for each of those,
and at the end of each paragraph i put something related to that phrase lmao. that's what i did. anyway what school u go to? my teacher's not an HSC marker so we didnt get a lot of relevant advice.

bikapika

HSC
4 paragraphs each + introduction + conclution? yep that was quiet a good structure for 6 pages

i went to strathfield south high, which is a school that argues to somewhat have "expertise" in teaching esl since it used to run exchange programs with japanese high schools for a long time and it accepts tones of overseas students, despite its "pool reputation" in other areas since 2000. which school do u go to?

for past few years apprx 1% of esl students could get b6 - - although this percentage is higher than standard english....

tracyquang

HSC
yeah lucky i finished the conclusion. my conclusion is like short. 5 lines lol.
i went to tempe high school. and this year we only have 12 ESL students. how many do u have in your school if tones of overseas students go there?
anyway a b6 sounds miraculous for me T.T coz i know i got that 8-mark-question stuffed up.

bikapika

HSC
Overseas students make up 20%~25% of my year but dont get me wrong they are very nice ppl lol sorry for misusing "tones" with negative connotation

well base on my trial, i got 6 marks deducted from journey(also stuffed up last question T_T what a coincidence 21/25, 18/20), 1 mark deducted from part 2 (19/20 20/20 lucky :)))))))))))))) and 2 from listening(13/15), lol just b6 lol so lucky

so even if u stuffed up the last question u still have a chance to get into b5 and b6 lol

honesly im so worried about the 8 mark q. Even if u guys didnt write things too creative, at least it was a STORY, i.e. correct format for creative writting, then u could get 6~7/8. i was totally writting a mini journey essay with no technique analysis since it asked "to describe"

lucky if i can get 4/8, hoping to get 38~40/45 lol

tracyquang

HSC
i wrote a journey essay for that part as well.
wow u got 19 for telling stories? wow, can u tell me how ? lolz my essay marks are not as high as your ones. ><
and btw do u have any advice studying for the Living in the COmmunity part?

bikapika

HSC
I do dialogue for Strickly Ballroom and Living in the community so sorry cant help u on telling stories

Lol maybe my teacher is not as strict as your teacher then i dont think there is disparity in terms of our performance in essay writting

well basicly my idea of living and working in the community is to....making up stuff.
you should NEVER limit yourself to the stimulus information but try to include some extra ideas so your essay is DISTINGUISHED from other similar essays- - and my teacher kind of liked my idea so he gave me optimistic marks

as a result im gona do the same thing tomorow: be innovative

oh btw my teacher told me that in the listening exam, although they tell u DO NOT START WRITTING when they play the tape, you can ignore this advice and start writting?

tracyquang

HSC
thx for the advice it sounds cool. I'm writing my essay for Telling Stories now. I have approximately 5 pages to write in 30 minutes and find it impossible. ARGHHHH.

tracyquang

HSC
hope that after the paper 2 tomorrow more people will join this thread so we can see how the others went in their exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)