Section 2 (1 Viewer)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Since there are 5 areas for this section... how many you all studying? For example I'm doing Kennedy and learning about Man against myth/public and private man (basically the same aren't they?) and Kennedy's relations with Cuba.
Can someone explain to me the difference between man against myth and public and private man? I'm just worried they might ask three topics of debate or something :chainsaw:

jaNetix

i just called up soince i got freaked by ur Q. also
the dude said its possible, but he didnt really think theyd ask bout 3...he said kno 2 really well, and kno the basics of a realted 3rd one...so ill do that

man/myth- was he really the great president??..or jus ordinary one? he may have just had good ppl around him that helped him

public/private- great family man VS. the affairs, and his use of drugs and all that interesting stuff that makes us hate him
basicly the way he was depicted in the public eye, againt the real him.

hope this helps...cheers

arls

Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
thanks heaps janetix. I know the basics of man/myth so i guess i'll be fine.
I think the most important thing to remember (I asked this question at a uni lecture and was told...) is to define what is YOUR definition of man/myth and public and private. throughout the year my class has debated over the definition and every1 has a slightly diff opinion on it.. so as long as you DEFINE IT at the beginning of the essay ul be sweet...

lazybum

HSC
N/A
ii'm just doing man and myth and cuban missile crisis
they shouldn't askk more areas of debate, and if they do you can extend tman and myth to publiic and private- they basically mesh anyway. or, you can refer to it in a sentence hopefully they won;t kill you if it's not in depth!

ii'm in the middle of an essay and am just procrtastinating !!!! better get bakk to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)