section 3 greek world (1 Viewer)

Leon585

HSC
Re: hey

Originally posted by blue+yellow

i think i did relatively ok... i didnt really know anything about Miltiades... 1 page was generalising stuff about him and the next 7 pages were about Themistocle's contributions ...Do you think that i wont get alot of marks because i only talked about 1 of the 2 people i was supposed to talk about?

:(
what did u exactly write about miltiades?

blue+yellow

errrm.... well i just said that he contributed significantly to the Greek victory of the persian wars because oh his role in preparing for the defence against the persians?
i read the maquarie guide last night and its official, i royally screwed up the Miltiades part. I'm still hoping to get marks for the Themistocle's part though- i studied for that

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
can sumone clarify me this
if i chose the delian league question all i had to do was to explain how it came up and who and what they did in the league right??

krissy7685

GODDAMN its OVER but im not over it.. failed legals totally today ..

all miltiades did was lead the greeks to victory at marathon

and themistocles naval power and his strategy at salamis

other than that.. the sorta just dissapeared....

but yeh im gonna sulk for the next couple of weeks until my society exam.. which i will get 70/70... u with my spin spin sugar?
?

society is my last hope

Last edited:

Leon585

HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685

(1)all miltiades did was lead the PERSIANS to victory at marathon

and themistocles naval power and his strategy at salamis

(2)other than that.. the sorta just dissapeared....

(3)society is my last hope
1, no he really didn't

2. they died, which is different from disappearing

3. you have no hope

krissy7685

yeh and im sure ur going to get 100%

oh and themistocles was ostracised.. and where do u get the persian bit from,.. do u wear glasses?

and my assessment mark for society is probably better than ur ancient assessment mark so i would keep my comments to myself if i were u

Last edited:

chop_suey12

I did the naval power essay in the additional historical period section. I went in thinking it would be a naval question, or a unity question, so I was happy with that one.

I managed to get my modern opinions from Sealey, Fine, Ehrenberg, Kresher and Bury in there so I was happy, and of course, heaps of stuff from Plutarch and Herodotus and Thuc. We were told to have at least 2 quote or paraphrase per paragraph, so I ended up with like 15 quotes or paraphrases by the end of the 12 pages. Damn my teacher to hell for drumming that into me, otherwise I wouldn't feel so unolbiged to memories quotes for modern! my head is too full with goddamn ancient!

Anyway, did anyone else do naval srtength essay?

Leon585

HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685
(1)yeh and im sure ur going to get 100%

(2)oh and themistocles was ostracised.. and where do u get the persian bit from(3),.. do u wear glasses?(4)

and my assessment mark for society is probably better than ur ancient assessment mark(5) so i would keep my comments to myself if i were u(6)
(1) no, I probably won't but I will hopefully beat you
(2) I knew Themistocles was ostracised, but he also died unless Im incorrect, or is he like 2500 old?
(3) You edited YOUR post
(4) No, but im assuming you do, and perhaps take some form of medication as well
(5) Is you society mark better then 97%, cos harimaus is 98 same with ssssonicyouth!
(6)See, your not me, thats where your plan fails! And SIf no one wants to hear my comments!
:cool: :D :p ;)

Tyler Durden

Oh fuck. Yeah, I think i buggered up the Persian Wars question on That Thermos guy and Malteasers...

I only knew stuff on Thermalpacket, but not Maltlilitidides...

oh well... at least i talked about that Salami battle and his Navel battle in the forest or something.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
Oh fuck. Yeah, I think i buggered up the Persian Wars question on That Thermos guy and Malteasers...

I only knew stuff on Thermalpacket, but not Maltlilitidides...

oh well... at least i talked about that Salami battle and his Navel battle in the forest or something.
hahahahah yeah i was okay for thermalpacket, but only knew random details about malteser....

hey whats your name? you go to SACs.???

sugared plum

HSC
Ohhhhh I know who Tyler Durden is!

Hiiiiii Michael, it's Emma.
Glad you got through the exam... I was just relieved there was a persian fucking wars question.

Leon585

HSC
yeh it was good there was a persian question otherwise i would have messed the exam up more than i already did :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)