• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Section 3 questions (2 Viewers)

slothie

HSC
Hi guys,

Well I've been struggling with section 3 so I've attached the first question of hopefully a series which I'm hoping people here from BOS will be able to help me and everyone else with...

More to come...
(each questions is a long process-screenshot, copy,resize, save)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I think it's C. Don't have time to explain atm, please attach the answer as a spoiler later.

doink

Clone
HSC
Answer to attachment is C.

The 1 goes clockwise 3 spots every slide and the number doubles (1, 2, 4...8)

the 10 goes clockwise 2 spaces every silde and gets reduced by 4, 3, 2 each time being reduced by 1 less.

So its C

slothie

HSC
doink said:
Answer to attachment is C.

The 1 goes clockwise 3 spots every slide and the number doubles (1, 2, 4...8)

the 10 goes clockwise 2 spaces every silde and gets reduced by 4, 3, 2 each time being reduced by 1 less.

So its C
omg....thanks!

Even after I looked at the answer I still couldn't understand why but now I do..

have u done this question b4? or did u just get it...?

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
I think It's A:

From what i can gather the 2 black squares shift down 1 square and to the right 1 square in each slide but if a black square is touching the edge in the first 2 rows it becomes white. So for the middle two you don't see the black square but for the last one you do, the next one is to the right 1 and down 1 again and hence answer A.

Not sure if its right.

And no i havn't seen these questions before.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
K, In the pattern in the first grid you can see that the box which started on the bottom left goes diagonally down to the right while the second box is going down in a left and then right pattern. Thus continuing the trend the answer is A.

slothie

HSC
K...I beginning to think either you guys are natural whizzes at these or I just really suck ..lol..

well practise makes perfect i guess...newaizz here's the next one..

doink

Clone
HSC
Answer is E. the shapes in the triangles along the bottom semi-circle contain the shapes vertically opposite from them yet the colour is opposite and it is in another shape.

e.g the white square is opposite a triangle with a black square inside it. The black circle is opposite the square with a white circle inside it etc so E is the answer

you can add me on msn @ thestancis@gmail.com too if you want anymore help realtime or if you have any questions.

slothie

HSC
u know I am soooo jealous how u can do all these questions....I look and look at answers and still don't get it...why??(now i'm just moaning for the sake of it..le sigh)

yep thanks..I added u
oh yeah..I'm astroblitz_77@hotmail ...just to let u no i'm not some random stalker :)

happy108

HSC
hey im having difficulties in sec3 too :( where did u get those questions from and whats the best way to train for that? im thinking of going to either f2f or medentry....... did u guys go to any prep course?

happy108

HSC
also, thanx slothie for posting those questions and doink for ur answers, they r really helpful. i hate it how the acer booklets dont actually have solutions.

also, hows ur section1 and section 2?

slothie

HSC
Hey happy!
The questions are from f2f...but I've signed up for the Medentry workshop this weekend. There's a heap of online exercises/practise tests that I hope to finish b4 umat ...:)

I used to think I would ace section 2 and fail section 1 but now I'm doubting myself for all 3 sections...:(

happy108

HSC
are you from sydney? so u did the f2f tution then? i am considering doing one of the two, but im so confused about which one to do. i heard that some f2f exercises are irrelevant and not up to date, whats your opinion on f2f and medentry?

slothie

HSC
well I haven't actually sat the umat exam yet..so I wouldn't know which one is more relevant just yet :)

But I like Medentry's online resources, feedback and practise exams where they rank you against other students so u know how crap/good u're goin...

I suggest to go earlier for umat prep too..i went so late and I kinda regret it now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)