Section 3 (1 Viewer)

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC
I hated hated hated the physical journeys question. I have no idea what I wrote because I can't remember a thing, all I know is that I wrote 11 pages and hopefully I was on the right track.

Ugh. The question! I have no idea why it threw me off so badly. Oh well. Tis over now and can't change anything so, bring on the modules!

JacobMadden

HSC
Doesn't everyone agree that the BOS had it in for us?
The question was completely random (physical journeys here) and unlike anything they'd done before. i found it alright cos it fitted well with my ORT but most people struggled. i hate it how they ask a really specific question. grrr
:eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pierce88 said:
Well. Shit. i screwed that up. prescribed text, one text from BOS and and at least one of one choosing.

i wrote about Huck Finn my prescribed text and then it went down hill, i spoke about the BOS poem, Road not taken in the intro and my conclusion. but OMFG i forgot to write about it in the body, how the F*** did i manage that, i feel like crying. but i am a man so i wont, there are 6 more tests to go, hopefully that will bost my UAI.

Please someone tell me i aint screwed for forgeting to write about it.
you're not screwed. just don't do it again. and don't dwell on it too much, at least its over now :)

JayJay07

HSC
Physical Journeys here ..... at first I was like WTF at the Q but then I got down and wrote a pretty good essay/argument I thought.
Totally forgot I was meant to be arguing it, but I just said it was true and then based my essay around the Q and then backed it up in the conclusion, so it should be all good ... everything was supporting the interpretation of the new
Talked about how travelers interpret, react and respond to new obsticles, locations, altercations ... and how it affects their pysche, they learm about themselves and the world (was doing Huck) and how this interpretation of the new influences choices, actions etc etc etc .... meh goodbye journeys forever ;)

Robbo1872

HSC
I outright argued against the physical journey question, didn't fit with my texts at all so i went out and argued that phys journ are all about learning from history and the experiences of others.

I hate arguing against the statement but I felt I had to and I think/hope I pulled it off

sideshowtim

HSC
Sorta glad to see that quite a few people went against the question. Thought I was going to be the only one.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Ennaoj said:
Hahaha i'm so with you. I did this section last (because i find when i do it first i spend the whole time on it!) except i ran out of time too. I finished it - but badly! The start was great, i did well on my prescribed text - but my other two - i fucked completely by rushing them....

*joins you in slamming head on desk*

:D oh well - Good Luck for MOD's :)
Glad I'm not alone then. :D Good luck to you too. :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I hate that paper so much!
What was up with Section III? That was totally unexpected especially for Physical Journeys. I don't know about you but I found 2004 and 2005 WWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY easier than this year's section III. I looked at the Imaginative and Inner journeys and they seemed like easier questions compared to Physical journeys....:(......The trials (CSSA) were WAAAAYYYYY easier than this.
Wrote 5 pages of the biggest bullshit I ever wrote. Everything went wrong.....I feel terrible now.....and seeing you guys showing off how you fuckin aced it and how it was so easy and all......*knife please*......
Though on a brighter note, Channel Nine happened to have their cameras rolling at our school and we're going be on television tonight!!!! I envy those lucky people who were selected for interview on their thoughts about the exam...

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Well i did the physical journey question and i thought it was alrite hoping for at least 11/12 but would love anything higher lol...was a little bit confusing but just kept tieing it it into my texts then found time to tie texts together as well lol...overall in the paper i thought i did alrite think it was the easiest paper we have ever been given in general...especially section 2 getting to write in whateva medium we want but back to the section 3 think i did alrite in the end.

Lizcat

HSC
how many pages was one booklet.. ??
coz i used the whole of one book, but i did squish the ending of my essay coz i couldnt be bothered to get another booklet.. hehe it was only 3 lines!! ohwells

klaw

HSC
I'm not sure whether my thesis relates enough to the question. My thesis was "although it is undeniable that the interpretations of physical journeys change throughout time, the values and lessons learnt from undergoing physical journeys is far more important" and then I just went on about how physical journeys can extend one's knowledge about the outside world as well as oneself.

I did write 14 pages though so I hope I didn't screw it up.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
For Physical Journeys, I argued against the question it but my case wasn't strong enough. [bad idea isn't it? going against the norm...]

I basically went about refuting that it isn't the new interpretations of a journey that define it but the choice of undertaking it that defines going on a physical journey or some bullshit like that.

You see all my texts essentially interpreted the physical journey through negative connotations, frustration, powerlessness etc.. except for my stimulus text which essentially debated that journeys really didn't exist without taking the first step and pioneering. Therefore I hope I was on the right track but if I wasn't then fuck you BOS for setting a question so absolutely absurd.

After reading this forum was obviously the wrong way to go about it and now i'm not looking forward to modules where they'll ask me about feature articles or somethign vague and lame.

Le Sigh.

Edit: I used a booklet and a half of writing paper.
I wrote way too much blabbing on shit.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I headed out sort of against the question (Imaginative Journeys).

I said that each journey is different and that they all include different elements - some include speculation, some include transformation, some include fantasy. So some journeys include speculation, some don't - hence imaginative journeys are not more than anything else about the process of speculation.

Six pages or so.

B35tY

HSC
10 pages, inner was nice and easy.

I conceded that it was about the 'challenges of self-reflection' but said that that wasn't the most important part.

From there on it was *insert generic essay here * which kicks ass

Candice109

HSC
I agree about the physical journey question, I spent most of the reading time just trying to figure out what 'interpretation of the new' meant, then I just thought about the interpretions of the composers and responder and bla bla then bullshited onwards. I didn't outright agree or disagree with it, hopefully I won't lose marks for that.

Sir Loin

HSC
Imaginative was good. ~8 pages but I did blab on too much, def get marked down.

nreeves

HSC
OK the physical journeys question was a load of rubbish. Interpretation of the new? Seriously the Inner an imaginative journey questions were so much easier to understand.

I just hope everyone else did better than how I felt i did

ane_st

HSC
Triangulum said:
I headed out sort of against the question (Imaginative Journeys).

I said that each journey is different and that they all include different elements - some include speculation, some include transformation, some include fantasy. So some journeys include speculation, some don't - hence imaginative journeys are not more than anything else about the process of speculation.

Six pages or so.
Yea i just talked shit about every text as like a singular thing that teaches us about the IJ blah blah..

That question was a bitch...

Ok i'm over it...

xx__savannah

HSC
"More than anything else, an inner journey is about the challenges of self-reflection" (or something similar to that)

The inner journey question was an absolute blessing for me -- I pretty much said it anyway in my prepared essay.
I argued that in my texts the composers placed more emphasis on how the protagonist handled challenges brought about by self reflection, rather than what they think they learn abuot themselves as a result of said reflection. Certainly helped that I used 'Journey to the Interior'.

adgala

HSC
Section 3 was a complete surprise, good thing there was an escape rope where you could just say you didn't agree with the statement and write your own thesis/prepared essay if you had one. too bad i only realised this when i already wrote half my essay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)