section 4 essay (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
is it possible to get an essay on processes? I just looked through the questions and they seem to rarely ask processes for this section

laterz laterz

HSC
is it possible to get an essay on processes? I just looked through the questions and they seem to rarely ask processes for this section
There isn't really anything to ask about processes. It's normally the first 2 chapters (majority influences) and then strategies. Idt they'll give anything for processes.

hatterene

HSC
you can slightly mention processes in your responses but it's normally super dry and not enough to ask a 25 essay question on - though it's good to know it for the mc and sa

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having had a look at all HSC papers from 2012 to 2020, the Section IV questions do indeed focus on influences and/or strategies in all of those papers. However, there is nothing in the syllabus that specifies that Section IV only assesses the Influences and/or Strategies components from the 4 HSC Business Studies HSC topics. Although there is a high chance that the Section IV questions will assess the same components as the previous years, I would still recommend having a thorough knowledge of the Processes component in all 4 topics, not only because we never know what changes could be made to the Section IV questions in the HSC paper, but also because this knowledge is still required and beneficial for all the other sections of the HSC paper.

With respect to trial papers, it is worth noting that CSSA and Independent papers have asked about processes multiple times in the past.

Additionally, while the possibility of a Section IV question requiring a response targeting Processes is rather low (as mentioned above), keep in mind that Section IV is not the only section where you may be required to incorporate relevant case study material to answer a particular question. You may be required to utilise case study information in order to answer a Section II question(s). Although the possibility of this occurring is also low, it has happened before. Consider Question 25 from the 2016 Business Studies HSC exam:

"With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the relationship between cost and quality in the operations of the business."
The main difference between Section II and Section IV is that the Processes component has made it into Section II on several occasions (which is expected), as opposed to Section IV. This means that, should Section II of the 2021 Business Studies HSC exam include a question similar to that of 2016, it will likely have a higher chance of requiring a response in terms of Processes than the Section IV questions.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)