Section I - Core (Pompeii and Herculaneum) (1 Viewer)

jarmie

HSC
Was alright.
The Streetscapes question about Herculaneum surprised me, but I just worked my way through it.
The other questions were fairly easy.

SpoonSamba

HSC
yeh i thought it was alll pretty good

what did u discuss for the 10marker?

i just kinda threw everything in there, did they mean like fiorelli and maiuri and stuff?

HSC
i did a streetscape question for the 2006 specimen, not the same image but the information still fit.

for the amphitheatre one, we had a question on entertaininment with the amphitheatre as one source in our half-yearly so that was good.

the last one was good, i talked about CAD and replicas, as well as historians such as fiorelli, estelle lazer, jashemski, wallace-hadrill etc, their methods like the plaster casts (which went to resin which lazer cat scanned/x-rayed), stratigraphic studies etc wasn't the question i expected but it was still awesome :D

Last edited:

gina1990

giNAH!
HSC
nooooooooo i didnt talk about fiorelli and other people like that. why?! i knew it but i dunno why my brain didnt relate it to that question. boooo.

HSC
i hate p&h, it bores me to tears. but i did everything pretty well except the last question. i didnt really get to my point properly. ha i need more space for 10 marks. but meh. its over!! and i was lucky in the amphitheatre, i did a massive assignment on it in term 4. hoorah!

ywontuend

HSC
i screwed up the last question....

i talked aboutshit like august mau and the classification of frescoes and like vittorio spinnazola and his reconstruction of houses...

SO CRAPP...i forget to mention so much things..........

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
pretty standard stuff! i just threw everything i could think of into the last question- mainly bisel, fiorelli, lazer and herculaneum conservation project (so i could relate the picture) and yeh, streetscapes and amphitheatre were kinda specific but i think i did okay on them :)

silverfiction

HSC
jarmie said:
Was alright.
The Streetscapes question about Herculaneum surprised me, but I just worked my way through it.
yeah that streetscape one did the same for me.
but i worked around it =)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
was fine... wrote a lot for both extended response q but not about much (if that makes sense). amphi i linked to leisure and politics, and the last q i think i had 4 examples of archaeologists/historians reconstructing the past... though i assessed to what extent an absolute representation of the past can be reached... and talked about reconstructing ruins etc. being damaging to the actual 'history' of the sites.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
pretty nice enough section...

question: does anyone actually ask for another booklet??

if so, what is the point, arent you meant to be able to get full marks writing on the lines?

I write really small in this section and cram it up lol, so I guess I can't really talk...

HSC
i think theyr being a bit specific this year.
bastards.
i mean streetscapes, yeah thats fine but specfically hercs streetscapes? for a FOUR mark?
and specfically ampitheatre for an EIGHT mark?!
theyr crazy!
my teacher even thought it was crazy.
i think i did ok in it though.
last question threw me a bit coz it wasnt straight from the syllabus. grr.

silverfiction

HSC
Patar said:

if so, what is the point, arent you meant to be able to get full marks writing on the lines?

I write really small in this section and cram it up lol, so I guess I can't really talk...
omg one of my friends asked for another book! and at the end he had to like staple it on.

i was like wtf ?! write on the lines dude!

i full squashed my crap in!

:hammer:

its amazing how much more u can fit in once you minimise the size of ur normal writing by 2.

llal

HSC
I found it okay...amphitheatre question was unexpected...and it was eight marks!!! i liked the first couple....last question was okay...didnt expect it either..but i just threw in a bit of everything LOL

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Patar said:

didn't notice like half our grade had an extra booklet for section 1? didn't notice the hole punch flying between supervisors?

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
didn't notice like half our grade had an extra booklet for section 1? didn't notice the hole punch flying between supervisors?
Owned... haha

I figure - you are supposed to be able to get full marks with the lines

so I just wrote heaps small on the lines, and then went over them like added a few extra lines

Oh well... I got full marks in the trials doing that and 93 all up. I'll be OK.

jarmie said:
Was alright.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "ABOUT HERCULANEUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

do not, do not tell me it was only about Herculaneum.

My raw mark estimate of 95 just went down to 92.

I wrote so much stuff on Pompeian streetscapes... haha

i'll get one mark for talking about insulae... but everything I mentioned about market gardens, "an interlocking jigsaw of small and medium houses" (Hadrill), the Via Dellabondanza, gates and all that - SHIT!!!!!!! useless

I spose I would have mentioned only 4 blocks have been excavated, insulae, better drainage than Pompeii if I would have READ IT PROPERLY.

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Patar said:

i used as extra 3

but
my handwriting is huge, so

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
oh man - but MISREADING A QUESTION? that is a rookie mistake. lol

thank god, it was only a 4 marker... and I'll still get 1-2 for it.

not as bad as the maths school certificate where I left a section under a sheet of paper and found it again... with 3 seconds to go.
There goes 20 marks fellas. Still got 74/80 from what I did do though.

Herculaneum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)