Section I - Law and Society (1 Viewer)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
i left wat i originally said, i was gonna put down brochures and internet and tv commercials but i thought 3 things theres executive, legislature and judiciary so mayb its them so i put them down, oh well hopefully ill get a mark or 2

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah so what did u guys write for q2 in law and society short answers- the access to justice one
i think i stuffed that one up badly

Jexi

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
You were correct to begin with.

I put legal aid, tribunals and the fact that the law is always published in brochures and on the internet.
OMG huggles you till you turn blue. Woot! I talked about the brochures too :p And Legal Aid.

What else did I say? Oh ability to appeal. >.>

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Who forgot SPECM (social, political, economic, cultural, moral)? Certainly not me!

Oh, and I'm so excited that I did so well. ^__^

ebonypurcell

HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
what was the answer to the question that asked how are 3 ways in Australia that the law is accessbile?

i wrote courts, tribunals and legal aid. and explained each of them

Pro Gamer

HSC
Meldrum said:
Who forgot SPECM (social, political, economic, cultural, moral)? Certainly not me!

Oh, and I'm so excited that I did so well. ^__^
/me predicts band 6 for you. Good on you.

ameradrian

HSC
I think question 14 was economic rights. It is preventing him from remuneration, which was establish as a second generation right, under the economic rights.

I think 15 was indigenous customary. Tort law is civil disputes and is therefore a private mattter, criminal law is purely public because it is between the state and individual; you "breach the peace" and the state will press charges. International law i think is purely public, it isn't between people, how can people be nation states? Thus it isn't private. So therefore I think it is B).

Anyone think otherwise? I'm not entirely sure.

Jexi

HSC
ameradrian said:
I think question 14 was economic rights. It is preventing him from remuneration, which was establish as a second generation right, under the economic rights.

I think 15 was indigenous customary. Tort law is civil disputes and is therefore a private mattter, criminal law is purely public because it is between the state and individual; you "breach the peace" and the state will press charges. International law i think is purely public, it isn't between people, how can people be nation states? Thus it isn't private. So therefore I think it is B).

Anyone think otherwise? I'm not entirely sure.
No no, International can be Public and Private. Like the ICJ deals with cases between Nations. Whilst the ICT and the ICC (which is practically non-existent) deals with Indviduals

ameradrian

HSC
I understand the ICC deals with individuals, however, this isnt between individuals and individuals (private) it is between individuals and the UN or nation states. Isnt it?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i put economic for 14 and international for 15.

ameradrian

HSC
Back to question 15, with regards to indegenous customary law. They use their law to resolve criminal disputes that breach their customary laws, and to resolve disputes between individuals, thus it appears to be correct.

cimbom

HSC
absolutely shocked at how easy they were. especially multiple choice... short response was like :cool: . the first question was to identify a source of domestic and international law... the access to justice thing, you could mix it up with your focus studies.

Mellonie

HSC
15 B i put, becuz he is getting his economic right away... but could easily could be c too

Alienangel

q15 I put int'l law
q14 I put economic (he got his legal right to be heard and the other 2 r unrelated)
q12 is either a or d - I think I put d cos it is more direct.
q10 I'm not sure about - right to join a union (and freedom of association) are in the UNdecHR, but not sure if that is collective or individual. Think I put individual (d).

sly fly

HSC
For q2 I wrote random stuff like
1. legal aid
2. interpreter services and translated documents for ppl of NESB
3. can't remember

For q3 I did
1. changing morals/values of society
2. geographical stuff eg: water restrictions in times of drought
3. changing composition of society/multiculturalism
4. changes in international law (reflect changes in a 'broader' society)
and can't remember what else

jezzza

sly fly said:
For q2 I wrote random stuff like
1. legal aid
2. interpreter services and translated documents for ppl of NESB
3. can't remember

For q3 I did
1. changing morals/values of society
2. geographical stuff eg: water restrictions in times of drought
3. changing composition of society/multiculturalism
4. changes in international law (reflect changes in a 'broader' society)
and can't remember what else
yer .....

i wrote abuot like the social, cultural, moral etc. influences ont he law.

i wrote like how australia used to find homosexuality illegal, but through time it has changed to reflect socities values etc. and i also tied in the toonne case to show how its changing. i also mentioned stuff like how its legal to drink alcohol (social) in our laws but contrsted to muslim countries its not....im trying to think of other things i just cant think now...

can anyone comment on what i just wrote?

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
Alienangel said:
q15 I put int'l law
q14 I put economic (he got his legal right to be heard and the other 2 r unrelated)
q12 is either a or d - I think I put d cos it is more direct.
q10 I'm not sure about - right to join a union (and freedom of association) are in the UNdecHR, but not sure if that is collective or individual. Think I put individual (d).

Q10 is an abuse on individual human rights coz theres a universal right to trade or i think its called trade unionism.. but yeh somethin like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)