Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

skatrib

HSC
u want to know something stupid people. The very first question in the exam (multiple choice) asked what alternative healthcare treatment involves manipulation of the spine. What to i put (being the silly person that i am) i put A) Accupunture. Daaaaah im so stupid hahahahah. My gut instinct was telling me that it was chiropractice but i went with that opposite instinct and chose something completely pathetic. Lol hahaha

sportylake

HSC
skatrib said:
Why is 19 D) can u please explain because i'm quite confused.

I thought that if the test can be administered by anybody, not just one particular person or coach, than it is valid. Also, it would be reliable because they are repeating the test twice. So therefore i put A as it is both reliable and valid. This is because the type of training can be administered by any person or coach (or as so i thought)

thanks

WRONG

definately D

the test was to measure - 'GOAL SHOOTING'
therefore, passing the ball back and forth isnt an accurate test of how good you can shoot?!!! it has nothing to do with goal shooting = invalid!

plus the fact that it was repeated twice does not mean it is reliable - cos what if you got partnered with someone crap, and therefore didnt score well? that doesnt mean your bad? it just means you got stuck with someone who fumbled the ball every pass meaning your score was less. Think about it this way, if liz ellis was partnered with a 5 yr old for this test, me and my mate would get a higher score than her, does that mean we are better goal shooters? NO. Thus it is also unreliable!

Answer is D - neither reliable nor valid

friction

HSC
It was Def C. Because What Sportylake is missing is u need to have the same partner (or thats how i took it) and it uses all the same conditions and it is also repearted. So im defintely going C because passing does not show gaol scoring so not valid.

Katieeee

HSC
cHoWiiE! said:
For 19.. isn't it D...?

and also 9) ..its B... even though i put C.. my teacher said C said take out 'private hospital insurance' ..not 'private health insurance' ... besides that..everything is the same? ...i'm hoping 9 is c haha.. and 19 is D..
I didn't even notice that it said 'hospital' not 'health'... but I still think it is C. I did some googling and found this:

"How to avoid those unpleasant surprises at tax time!
Don't wait until it is time to do your tax return only to learn that you have to pay the Medicare Levy Surcharge; do yourself a favour and purchase the appropriate level of hospital cover to avoid paying even the minimum surcharge of $700 which applies if you are a single with a taxable income of over $70,000**."
http://www.iselect.com.au/private-health-insurance/info/tax/medicare-levy-surcharge/

They refer to the cover as being Private Hospital Insurance which allows you to avoid paying the levy, so then the purpose would be to encourage people to take out private hospital insurance.

For 19, it is definitely C or D, but I went for C because the question mentions various aspects of the test that indicate that the coaches tried to make the testing reliable: repetiton, objective measurement (number of passes, set time limit), same procedures used when repeating. I agree that it wouldn't be 100% reliable (I kept thinking of Bio where you have to repeat experiments 3 or 5 times to make them reliable) but I think it is still C anyway... oh well I guess time will tell!

sportylake

HSC
friction said:
It was Def C. Because What Sportylake is missing is u need to have the same partner (or thats how i took it) and it uses all the same conditions and it is also repearted. So im defintely going C because passing does not show gaol scoring so not valid.
ok so me and my mate will go better in this test than liz ellis and a 5 yr old, therefore i am a better goal shoort then liz ellis! im fine with that then....

Katieeee

HSC
sportylake said:
ok so me and my mate will go better in this test than liz ellis and a 5 yr old, therefore i am a better goal shoort then liz ellis! im fine with that then....
Well she does play goal keeper, so you may be better at goal shooting than her! But I think that proves that the test is not valid - validity is simply whether the tests the skill/energy system/movement pattern/muscle group that it is supposed to. As this test obviously doesn't, it is not valid. So the answer is not A or B. BUT it is still reliable in that the conditions of testing are the same for all participants, and it is repeated as well (even though it probably could be repeated a few times). So the answer is C. I do see the argument for D though, but my gut instinct is C.

sportylake

HSC
Katieeee said:
Well she does play goal keeper, so you may be better at goal shooting than her! But I think that proves that the test is not valid - validity is simply whether the tests the skill/energy system/movement pattern/muscle group that it is supposed to. As this test obviously doesn't, it is not valid. So the answer is not A or B. BUT it is still reliable in that the conditions of testing are the same for all participants, and it is repeated as well (even though it probably could be repeated a few times). So the answer is C. I do see the argument for D though, but my gut instinct is C.

fair enough. i went d, you went c - we shall never know really, and in the end it is only one mark!

njdennis

HSC
sportylake said:
WRONG

definately D

the test was to measure - 'GOAL SHOOTING'
therefore, passing the ball back and forth isnt an accurate test of how good you can shoot?!!! it has nothing to do with goal shooting = invalid!

plus the fact that it was repeated twice does not mean it is reliable - cos what if you got partnered with someone crap, and therefore didnt score well? that doesnt mean your bad? it just means you got stuck with someone who fumbled the ball every pass meaning your score was less. Think about it this way, if liz ellis was partnered with a 5 yr old for this test, me and my mate would get a higher score than her, does that mean we are better goal shooters? NO. Thus it is also unreliable!

Answer is D - neither reliable nor valid
If you read the question, you'll note that it refers to "a group elite players", negating your "5 yr old" argument. As the players are "elite", a minimum skill level is already ensured. This, coupled with repetition, ensures consistency of results, and thus reliability. Clearly the correct answer is C).

hayyleyy

HSC
the multiple choice section for this was EASY!!! :D
which is really unusual cause pdh multiple choice has been very difficult in the past...
and i got exactly the same answers as Katieeee, which was confirmed by my teacher as all correct! :)

Katieeee

HSC
hayyleyy said:
the multiple choice section for this was EASY!!! :D
which is really unusual cause pdh multiple choice has been very difficult in the past...
and i got exactly the same answers as Katieeee, which was confirmed by my teacher as all correct! :)
I agree on the difficultly level - the questions this year didn't seem to have two right answers as often as in the past... and there were more options that were obviously completely wrong.

Yay! Now just to hope that I went as well in the rest of the paper :uhhuh:

warnieisthebest

HSC
skatrib said:
Why is 19 D) can u please explain because i'm quite confused.

I thought that if the test can be administered by anybody, not just one particular person or coach, than it is valid. Also, it would be reliable because they are repeating the test twice. So therefore i put A as it is both reliable and valid. This is because the type of training can be administered by any person or coach (or as so i thought)

thanks
na champ a valid test is one where it the tests what u are aiming to test. the coach wanted a goal shooter in netball but the test was testing how well they could pass a ball between players. more of a test to find a center. not a goal shooter. so it was reliable but not valid. im pretty sure that it was C

hairej1

HSC
cHoWiiE! said:
For 19.. isn't it D...?

and also 9) ..its B... even though i put C.. my teacher said C said take out 'private hospital insurance' ..not 'private health insurance' ... besides that..everything is the same? ...i'm hoping 9 is c haha.. and 19 is D..
i put 19 as D too.. as it wasnt valid therefore i assumed it musnt be reliable either... im not to sure tho..
for the rest i put..
1.B
2. A
3. C
4. D
5. C
6. D
7. D
8. B
9. B (the medicare levy surcharge, which is 1.5% of pplz taxable income is used to fund medicare... and medicare funds the pharmaceuticals benefits scheme)
10. B
11. B (stupid i know now its A but im stupid i didnt understand wat "uniform" meant .. but yea isokinetic develops thru full R.O.M grrrr
12. D
13. A
14. A (didnt ever hear of a qn of this type , but yea i agree with everyone else its sounds like C)
15. B
16. i put C (its probs B)
17. D
18. A
19. tossed up between C & D and in the end picked D
20. B

:)

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
Katieeee said:
Mine were (most of these confirmed with teacher and other top kiddies)

1. B
2. A
3. C
4. D
5. C
6. D
7. D
8. B
9. C
10. B
11. A
12. D
13. A
14. C
15. B
16. B
17. D
18. A
19. C
20. B

:)
yewwwwww kate:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)