Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Tennisaddict

HSC
Lol for 8 i put C cause i thought if there was high inflation, the reserve bank will increase interest rate to lower inflationary pressure thus allowing people who deposit into banks increase their money cause of increase in savings rate....thats what would probably happen in the long term anyways
That was the exact process i went through with 8 :lol:
Anyway im looking at around a 16, which I can live with

Aclipse

HSC
For Question 17.

Before tariff Revenue: (400-100) x $10 = $3000
After tariff Revenue : (300-200) x $10 = $1000

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
For Question 17.

Before tariff Revenue: (400-100) x $10 = $3000
After tariff Revenue : (300-200) x $10 = $1000
After Tariff: Value = volume x price

Price increases to 15
So its $15 x 100 qty = $1500
$3000-$1500 = (c)

Tennisaddict

HSC
I think im down to 15, kinda pissed but still hoping i can get a raw mark of 90... somehow...

But im really unconvinced about 8, I don't understand why it is A over C, everyone though it was A :/

dela_

HSC
N/A
hi five btw i think 13 is B even i put C........

an increase in consumption from 110 to 200 means it increase by 90....
an increase in 90 in C sees an increase in income by 150.....

so.....150/90 we get 5/3 so for every dollar increase in consumption there will be 5/3 increase in income.....

when investment increase by 40 (200 to 240)....there will be a 40x5/3 increase in income + plus original 300....367Bn.
i have no idea, i put 400bn, and the smart kids in my school + here also put 400, but when i try to justify myself it seems its more like B not C.....
Omg i did his exactly and put B:S

friend177

HSC
I think im down to 15, kinda pissed but still hoping i can get a raw mark of 90... somehow...

But im really unconvinced about 8, I don't understand why it is A over C, everyone though it was A :/
true i hope its C lol i'll google this to lol

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad

A with assets, during periods of high inflation people are uncertain about future price and usually speculative investment such as golds and properties will increase. this is because these goods are considered 'good shelter' this comes from my text book and obviously it is the only benefit inflation can bring is.....speculative gains....

btw, just checked my dixon books, yep, i must admit. question 17 is D because the dixon's workbook had two exact same question, you do it like this for q 17 (400-100)x10 - (300-200)x10 so the answer is 2000. everyone got tricked...well played haha sydney morning herald gonna talk about this again tar?

btw: dixon's workbook wrote *extension* next to the question. which shows how in-depth q17 you have to be. it is no surprise that everyone gets tricked..including me...

Last edited:

Skyzor

HSC

Yeh i was thinking the same.

However, i think that due to the CPI going up the value of those 'deposits' in terms of what you can purchase is reduced. Assets on the other hand such as land should increase accordingly with the CPI. I THINK thats the angle they took. But idk any other thoughts?

Hopefully, the BOS accept both A and C

Edit: ^^^ Beat me to it, lol

isfhater

HSC
how come 7 is C?

why cant it be B. TOT deteroriated, by increasing taxes this reduces the disposable income leading to lower import spending therefore nullifying the TOT deterioration.

obviously A and D are the same thing (appreciation)

Aclipse

HSC
I picked C, believing that interest rates would rise when inflation go up

But then inflation -> rise in prices -> prices of assets up

I believe that's the only one I got wrong

btw i wrote 5.5 pages for question 26 and only 4 pages for question 28
what's the max i can get for those essays?

my teacher said to us that the absolute minimum for a band 6 essay is 6 pages

friend177

HSC
yeah but when assest price such as land prices goes up the demand will fall thus not many people will purchase your asset meaning you cant really benefit from this unless you can actually sell your asset, if you keep your asset in the long term inflation will drop means asset will go down again.

Skyzor

HSC
btw i wrote 5.5 pages for question 26 and only 4 pages for question 28
what's the max i can get for those essays?

my teacher said to us that the absolute minimum for a band 6 essay is 6 pages
Yeh i wrote like 4.5 for each essay, dont worry especially if you write small like me. If all your content is good and answers the question you should still manage to get a band 6.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but when assest price such as land prices goes up the demand will fall thus not many people will purchase your asset meaning you cant really benefit from this unless you can actually sell your asset, if you keep your asset in the long term inflation will drop means asset will go down again.
so is there a better answer than A? it defs can't be C, firstly inflation means increase in the overall price level of the goods, if you just put your money in the bank its value will 'erode' away, same as B and D....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)