Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

waterlml

HSC
Legal compliance as it turns out was actually the tax according to everyone I talked to. There is no legal obligation to pay dividends.. which dosen't make sense but meh
yeah!! i chose a, but was thinking about b the the same time

someslovak

HSC
Uni Grad
C, a, c, b, b, c, b, c, b, b, c, d, b, c, c, d, a, d, a, a

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Uhm some of your multiple choice are wrong not sure if their yours or teachers or what but I got
C, A, C, B, B, A, B, C, B, D, C, A, C, C, C, D, A, D, A, C

waterlml

HSC
c
a
c
b
b
c
b
c
b
b
c
d
b
c
c
d
a
d
a
b(i know this one is wrong T.T)

90atarpls

HSC
Uhm some of your multiple choice are wrong not sure if their yours or teachers or what but I got
C, A, C, B, B, A, B, C, B, D, C, A, C, C, C, D, A, D, A, C
i know, but im pretty sure 20 is a, and my 18 is wrong on the paper, but i put D

alekovic

HSC
My multiple choice answers are

C
A
C
B
B
C
B
C
B
B
C
D
B
C
C
D
A
D
A
D

Which are correct, I think.

bongoli

HSC
feels so stupid, made a silly on q20, for everyone wondering (after seeking clarification from gud friend) it's d

it says total equity, so i forgot the fkn equation

Total equity = total assets - total liabilites = 3000

then total liabilities/ total equity = 7000/3000 which is a crappy gearing and means it's worse and crappy than industry average

I spent so much time on finance...... ugh silly mistakes.

Last edited:

waterlml

HSC
feels so stupid, made a silly on q20, for everyone wondering (after seeking clarification from gud friend) it's d

it says total equity, so i forgot the fkn equation

Total equity = total assets - total liabilites = 3000

then total liabilities/ total equity = 7000/3000 which is a crappy gearing and means it's worse and crappy than industry average

I spent so much time on finance...... ugh silly mistakes.
holy shit i totally forgot how to calculate total equity, but anyway, put b in my answer lol

MadLife

HSC
(14.) Why would a business choose debentures as a source of funding?
Why is it (c). and not (b).? I just thought by definition that a debenture is secured by a company's assets and chose it.

Pikachuisgod

HSC
Isn't 2 c. I mean increased market share means increased profits but merging with another business isn't growth (expansion) it's just working with another business. And 14 is A. debentures are loans only backed by credit hence if the borrower defaults on the loan you get nothing back therefore to reduce financial risk

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
(14.) Why would a business choose debentures as a source of funding?
Why is it (c). and not (b).? I just thought by definition that a debenture is secured by a company's assets and chose it.
If the lender holds securities over the company's assets that leads to increased financial risk, making B impossible. It provides less sucurity over the businesses assets and more security to the lender.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Also my MC Answers

1. C
2. A
3. B (ugh, i knew it was C but changed my answer at the last second)
4. B
5. B
6. C
7. B
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. C
12. D
13. A (Was very unsure with this one, C didn't make sense, D seemed like autocratic, left me with A and B but B seemed like the pace-setting approach)
14. C
15. C
16. D
17. A
18. D
19. A
20. D

For both the finance questions, i spent like 2 minutes recalling ratio's due to not seeing them on the paper

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
weow got 20/20 for mc!

Happy that I double checked it especially for question 14. Had it as D since I got it confused with Commercial bills then changed it it.

#winning

arslan123

HSC
N/A
heres my answers with reasoning:
1)C - "she has always received excellent service" psychological refers to the perception of oneself
2)A - "increase market share" another term for growth
3)C - Other answers relate to awards, independent contractors get no awards
4)B - grievance procedures are internal methods of resolving industrial disputes
5)B - A) has choice, C) has profit, D) has profit and choice
6)C - "rapid increase in sales" means they are now in the growth stage
7)B- just in time requires very good supply chain management, poor management leads to being understocked/overstocked
8)C - intensive < selective < exclusive in terms of quality. Since Rolex is exclusive, we perceive it to have high quality
9)B - price penetration = charging lowest possible price = lots of sales = increase market share
10)B - look at an income statement
11)C - Uses same name in both countries = global branding. Uses different recipes = customisation
12)D - changing social patterns show an increase in women participation and a decrease in full time employment.
13)A - democratic = "do it the way I tell you."
14)B - debentures are secured by company assets
15)C - It is out of C) or B), however its direct result is C) which can lead to B) if a business chooses
16)D - recession = all negatives for employees, hence it can only be D)
17)A - other 3 answers are policies of gov. and business
18)D - "obtain lease and refit shop" overlaps with "purchase stock"
19)A - liquidity = C.A/C.L = 1.5:1. Industry average for 2014 = 1:1 and last yr it was 1.25:1. Therefore, it is better than industry average and better than last year.
20)D - O.E = assets - liabilities = 10000 - 7000 = 3000. gearing = liabilities/O.E = 7000/3000 = 2.3:1. Industry average for 2014 = 1:1 and last yr it was 1.5:1. Therefore it higher than the average and higher than last year. Higher gearing = worsened. Therefore it is worse than industry average and has worsened since 2013.

Leme know if there's something wrong :)

Last edited:

HSC
My answers and thoughts

1) C
2) A
3) C
4) B
5) B
6) C
7) B
8) C
9) B
10) B
11) C
12) D
13) D
14) C
15) C
16) D
17) A
18) D
19) A
20) D

The ones I doubted were 12, 13, 14.
12 I considered it definately couldn't be A or C (Women and Casualisation) and then part time just didn't seem right, as with couples often working part time now as appose to a full time male working. This is why I selected D

13 was the toughest I thought. A doesn't seem right as the last thing you'd do on a tight schedule is consult with your employees or so I believe so. B (Highly skilled staff) seems like you'd use a 'Laissez-Faire' or 'to leave alone' approach. C doesn't then seem relevant, and so I though D mate a bit of sense, working together to overcome the dangerous situation

Finally 14, my thought process was that debentures have similar risk to other finances so A isn't correct. B (secured to asset) sounds like a mortgage/loan. C makes sense because with debt financing, control is maintained while D wasn't right

Please respond with thoughts and correct me anywhere I'm wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)