Section I - Personalities (1 Viewer)

gb05

Hatshepsut

hey hey i did hatshepsut 2!! kinda hard. all in all i love ancient so i feel i blitzed it!! yayaya 2 xams left!

mnanda88

HSC
Pericles

i did pericles ... the question was very un expected ... describe the manner and impact of pericles death !!!
i came out of that exam very upset :(

funkimunki

HSC
Yeh, I did Pericles too. I had no idea what year he actually died and so i didnt know whether it was better to risk making up a year or completely avoid putting down a year...hmm... it was alright though, im just glasd they didnt ask for a modern or ancient source interpretation.

HSC
hyper_crazy said:
we got told you weren't allowed to quote Bradley as she wasn't a proper historian.. more a textbook writer... oh well
we got told no toi quote bradley too.... but i did it anyway but saying"as suggested by bradley..."

HSC
i did alexander and the questions were nice. for a) i talked about before he actually became king of macedonia at the battle of granicus and some other ramble. for B) i talked about treatment of pple he met like how he slaughtered tyre and gaza but loved the egyptians because they welcomed him. for c) i thought it was pretty sweet question u could just talk about how good he was. i even had a quote for his greatness which was sweet.
and i just slammed quote after quote, some i just made up, some i couldnt even remeber who they were by but i just made it up! overall the question was good , expect this part to get good marks but ill get dragged down in his periods.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Rafy said:
But bradley still has a view/opinion?

What constitutes a "proper historian" and why wouldnt blradley's interpretation of history be any less valid?
Exactly. Plus, what differentiates a historian from someone who writes about history? They still have to do their research. Most historians end up writing about their topic anyway. Bradley's fine.

Totally forgot Redford. Oh well.

sahin

im lost

hey guys um...we just started our course and just wandering wat we kinda quotes and points i can write about in the hsc..??coz im doing alexander for my personality and um we started now on the julio cludian family n shit..so please help..??

Sammy P

HSC
wow everyone is saying all these other personalities i did xerxes and its pretty great because sources are easy to get and it links really well with the persian wars topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)