Section I (1 Viewer)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Curious, did anyone use 5 texts since the question specified "at least two or more texts of your own choosing"?

Lina3

HSC
I didn't but feel I maybe should have.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I did 4??

I spent 10 minutes on my ATB intro LOL, ended up using 75 minutes on my essay. It's freaking good though IMO

Lina3

HSC
I also felt like I should have but I knew I would be sacrificing a detailed analysis. I hope the markers aren't too heavy handed on that.
Hmm true, but that's the main reason I regretted it. Not sure if it applies to English but in History Extension I was taught that if they say "at least" to interpret it as basically saying "more than"

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I did 4??

I spent 10 minutes on my ATB intro LOL, ended up using 75 minutes on my essay. It's freaking good though IMO
I spent about an hour and 10 minutes on my essay lol.

Kudos to anyone who went for three related texts though

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Hmm true, but that's the main reason I regretted it. Not sure if it applies to English but in History Extension I was taught that if they say "at least" to interpret it as basically saying "more than"
That's what my teacher has also told me before, but I had to make a call for my self this time. :p

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
In English my teacher tells me to say do that as the bare minimum

I reckon next year they should do 'more than two texts' (therefore three) in order to throw off everyone who didn't read the question. lol

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It doesn't matter how many texts you do rofl.

If they wanted you to do 3 related texts they would have said "with reference to THREE other texts"

They aren't trying to troll you or anything.

jeffyjojo

third eye
HSC
N/A
were we meant to just speak about the construction of characters, or could we include conventions/shifting of values over time as well?

hjed

HSC
Um, they asked for at least two last year as well and I am pretty sure the exemplar they released only used two related.
Normally in English if they say at least, you only do that amount unless you are very, very fast.

were we meant to just speak about the construction of characters, or could we include conventions/shifting of values over time as well?
I referred to how they used the conventions to construct characters, and thus comment on responsibility

bhsrepresent

HSC
I interpreted character not only as literal (archetype) but also philosophical (virtue) - i.e. characters are a means to tell us about character (in relation to responsibility)... Basically said that that construction of character is the fundamental link between the philosophy, metaphysics and moral allegory behind crime writing
-> The reason the genre is so compelling is that these complex insights into human understanding are 'disguised' by relate-able characters we vicariously engage with
-> The plight of the characters gives us a sense of responsibility that carries over to the real world and we're forced to contend with ethics through the gaze of visceral criminality...
-> Characters are the means of reflection, excoriation and the assertion of culpability for the social archetype -> i.e. composers 'characterise' the era by 'characterising'

Candidate

HSC
I looked at more to what extent the composers of my texts used the construction of character to reflect the different powers of the era, and kind of linked in composers in general at the end :O hope the markers aren't too draconian.

alexm1996

HSC
N/A
I interpreted it as being, That composers are able to manifest the cultural, political and social issues of their time in the construction of the character hence the evolution on genre which in turn givens a heightened sense of the ethical and moral responsibility of society. Eg linking Anil's ghost to responsibility being the inevitable search for truth, which truth is rather a facade that humanity does not fully understand, thus link to the context of the government covering up the murders and that search for truth. Thats what I thought the question was asking tbh.

GammaOtz

HSC
Curious, did anyone use 5 texts since the question specified "at least two or more texts of your own choosing"?
I used four they followed as such: Prescribed: The Skull Beneath The Skin & The Real Inspector Hound Secondary: Elementary:A giant gun filled with drugs & Sherlock Holmes: The Adventures of the Speckled Band

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)