heheh i did psedoSQL :p
Find
Display
this that

Hope we get a mark for the "logic" :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
i hate the graphics question........wat u guys put?? for the jpeg, png and gif one

JPEG for photo

GIF for the black and white one

JPEG well it was for the web, JPEG is a compression format for imaging and its the most popular for fotos

GIF, gif is also a compression image format, which is used for the web alot and the fact that the graphic 2 is monochrome, it would look extremely good under GIF, becoz although gif loses alot of quality compared to JPEG, in the case of black and white it wouldnt be so noticable loss of quality.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i put png for the black and white one.

Reason being png is a patent free type and was created to replace the gif format png results in small files and is extremely good at handling low detail low quality photos, such as black and white photos in this case.

is thiss correct ? :(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by cyrax83
i put png for the black and white one.

Reason being png is a patent free type and was created to replace the gif format png results in small files and is extremely good at handling low detail low quality photos, such as black and white photos in this case.

is thiss correct ? :(
there was no need for PNG, PNG really is good for 32 bit alpha transparency support, but GIF is more approrpriate becoz the colors used in the image was only two , which GIF can handle pretty well, u needed to justify ur answer not state that the png format was patent free it had nothin gto do with the question.

wat did people put for that consumables one in the centralised storage area and the next one about tghe inventory??....that was fuked

Pirri

But PNG is extremely well supported by web browsers as it is quicker to load then GIF's and the graphic was going on the web but if it was just staying on the home computer it would be more appropriate to have a GIF

Glide

?!?!

Gif's arnt compressed.. they handle 256 colours only which reduces their filesize

PNG's are 32bit and can support transparency, which is useless for the dog image.. so jpeg is better..

-X-

HSC
N/A
I dont think it matters what you put as long as you justified your choice (except if you put GIF for the other one).

edit: oops sorry! i meant "except if you put GIF for the other one (not the dog, chicken?).

edit 2: To be more specifig, the one with more than 2 colors. Wasn't it a dog?

Last edited:

Glide

Gee I put gif for the chicken :p

24bit + 32bit for a monochrome image? what a waste... has to be gif :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)